Scam seller alert !

I found several electronic items listed under "go carts" ...Video projectors, car audio, go-pro's, home security packages etc. Stuff that shouldn't be there. These items also pop up if you do an all categories search for them. They are usually incredibly cheap, around AU$20 to AU$40 buy it now. Not long after you pay for the item (PayPal only) the listing simply disappears, and 'item removed' pops up in its place. eBay sends a message MC999 item removed. If you try to contact the seller (can't use the listing cause its missing) you have to hope you've still got the PayPal emails. When contact seller is found, it says "seller is no longer a registered user." Items never existed from the start. But a week later, the exact same listing appears, with a different seller. Try a search in "go cart" and if you find items that don't belong there, watch the listing and see what happens.
If it looks to good to be true, then it probably is
Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Scam seller alert !

Need to get federal fraud cops onto it. Australian ebayers are sending thousands of dirty dollars to these scammers. I'm reluctant to buy anything off ebay these days. I just stick to the sellers I know. I've also heard of this scenario being used on other sites like Alibaba and DH Gate. Don't know if it's true or not. What happened to the good ol' days? Get onto it ebay.... Sort these thieves out!
Message 11 of 25
Latest reply

All the ones that were there yesterday were reported and all but one lot have now been removed. They seem reluctant to end these ones for some reason 121542846261 has seven listings. I haven't rechecked those categories today yet. At least the fake Makitas are gone, but sadly, over 100 (combined over 3 sellers) were sold, so that's a LOT of money that won't be refunded to the buyers.

2 of the accounts were NARU'd. The hacked ones were given back to the original owner and any associated feedback was removed. I assumed they were given back to the owners because the names were changed back to the original name, as were the countries.

Message 12 of 25
Latest reply

Now for todays new additions! 

111576514948 - 12 listings for costumes in pocket bikes and go-karts.

301491065006 - 2 listings in pocket bikes.

261738260508 - 16 listings in pocket bikes for costumes and evening gowns.

At this stage, there is only the one mentioned above (121542846261) in trucks, commerical vehicles and at the moment, the trailers category is clean.

The more people that report the scam listings, the more likely eBay are to remove them.

Message 13 of 25
Latest reply

111576516843...Chinese Mickey Mouse Costumes.....and heaps more listings

Message 14 of 25
Latest reply

@twyngwyn wrote:

111576516843...Chinese Mickey Mouse Costumes.....and heaps more listings

That's one of the sellers I mentioned above. I find it interesting that their previous listings were in the correct category (costumes), but now they've put them in a category with no buyer protection. Even the one that the buyer left the negative for was in the correct category. I can understand maybe getting a new listing mixed up, but ALL of them? In a category with no buyer protection? Sounds fishy to me.

Does anyone know if listing fees or FVF's are cheaper in the car categories?

Message 15 of 25
Latest reply

Not sure. But there's Sesame Street character
Outfits just popped up in go cart category. I think they're hijacking accounts. Some of these listings have decent background history.
Message 16 of 25
Latest reply

G'day you love your sheep.
That listing you posted earlier
For sale by: Dealer
Type of title: Finance owing, Encumbered.
Still there. Must have been a really expensive car stereo gps gadget.
Message 17 of 25
Latest reply

Is there any way to scam the scammer?    

Buy all his items from Mickey mouse suits to beautiful chiffon dresses.. Buy ???...pay?

Looking at the bids on these items. Some unlucky GENUINE ebayers are about to pay a lot for nothing.

Losing there faith in legitimate sellers.    just a thought!

Message 18 of 25
Latest reply

@vaportizing1 wrote:

Is there any way to scam the scammer?    

I guess one way to do it would be to create a new account on your phone, when it's not connected to your home network (so it has a different IP address), Then buy the full quantity of everything and then not pay. So what if eBay shuts the account down, just open a new one, rinse and repeat!

Message 19 of 25
Latest reply

so whats the deal of them puting under wrong category, less money back protection!!

Message 20 of 25
Latest reply