Scammed

Hello,

I think that I am being scammed by two people at the moment for the same item. eBay did email me saying that the buyers were fake so to cancel the item. But then I received emails later on from both eBay, the 'scammers, and paypal saying that that the money had gone through to my account (which it hasnt) and the scammers have emailed me giving their addresses (both the addresses are very similar). I have forwarded the emails to paypal to make them aware but I am not sure what to do on eBay. 

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Scammed

You're selling high risk items, you are going to attract scammers. Were they overseas by any chance? Don't send anything and don't let them trick you into thinking they have paid. Don't click on any links in emails, especially from PayPal. Always log into and check PayPal via a browser. 

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Scammed

As tippy has said don't click on any links in the emails, if you have done so run your virus program and run a malware scan (malwarebytes has a free download for malware), also change all your passwords that use use on your computer. 

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Scammed

If you decide to relist you should change your postage cost to include signed for and extra insurance, if it genuinely went missing in the poost you would not get anycompensation over the cost of the satchel. AP will sometimes, if you make enough fuss, compensate for the cost of the contents but only up to the sum of $50 unless you take out insurance.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Scammed

Scammers will send emails that look like they have come from Paypal. If ever unsure, send the emails to spoof@paypal.com. They will confirm whether the email is fake or genuine.

Dont post anything until payments appear in your Paypal account.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Scammed

@shelby_skinner wrote:

Hello,

I think that I am being scammed by two people at the moment for the same item. eBay did email me saying that the buyers were fake so to cancel the item. But then I received emails later on from both eBay, the 'scammers, and paypal saying that that the money had gone through to my account (which it hasnt) and the scammers have emailed me giving their addresses (both the addresses are very similar). I have forwarded the emails to paypal to make them aware but I am not sure what to do on eBay. 

Hello, you haven't been scammed unless and until you send the item/s. Hyperbole doesn't actually achieve anything. There is a difference between an attempted and an actual scam. People who get scammed don't see the difference...

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Scammed

If the money hasn't gone into your account, then it is highly likely the emails you supposedly got from ebay or paypal are fake too.

Why would the 'buyers' need to send their addresses anyway?

For a genuine sale, those addresses would be readily visible to you. I never have to email  any sellers to give my address when I buy something!!

Someone is attempting to scam you but just do as the others suggest.

Send nothing.

Don't click on any links.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply