Second identity question.

Hi, I have opened another account under another user name to separate my buying activity from my selling.

My problem is how to switch between accounts, every time I  open an eBay page it defaults to my original user name account, then I can find no way to log out of that account and open the other account.

I am probably just too old and dim but it has me foxed as a result I still have to use my initial account for everything, I am hoping somebody with some experience can tell me how to achieve this.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

We use a separate web browser for each account. That way there is no need to switch. Just flip to the other browser and stay logged into both accounts simultaneously.
Use Firefox and Chrome.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

We use a separate web browser for each account. That way there is no need to switch. Just flip to the other browser and stay logged into both accounts simultaneously.
Use Firefox and Chrome.
Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Thanks for that reply hadn't thought of that was going to try separate tabs but different browsers makes more sense, Thanks

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

I agree with Clarry....use a different browser for each account.   That is the easiest way.

If you still want to use the same browser, just go to the top of the page where it say G'day (your name), use the drop down box and log out of your account.  You can then log back in with the other account details.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

You can't be logged into two separate accounts in two separate tabs of the same browser.

That's why the separate browser works.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

I use 4 browsers! Chrome for main account. Firefox for second account. Opera for newest account. IE for the forums. That way everything can be logged in at once. Saves a lot of stuffing around and avoids errors of being logged into the wrong account to do something.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Snap Tippy but I also use Safari too Smiley Very Happyfor my UK account

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

LOL. Yep. I have all five browsers covered too incl Safari.

And they are all normally open at the same time.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

No wonder my broadband slows down when you lot are on eBay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

We do it on purpose, you know.

I only use 3 browsers, though...

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply