Seems eBay was down?

I thought it was just me having issues, from about 8.30pm, but it turns out someone else was too. I was trying to list stuff and kept having major problems. Then just before midnight, I couldn't get past the "this web page is not available" message....it was completely dead.

Phone app was no help. I could see my watch list and current listings, but couldn't revise or add a new listing, the app kept throwing me out and logging me out.

I thought maybe I had contracted a virus, despite not going to any sites that I don't normally go to. So, I ran every malware scanner under the sun, did a hard disk and registry clean, rebooted, installed all the new windoze updates, rebooted the router, tried several different browsers, tried DH's computer, and nothing.

Than about half hour ago I got a message from another forum member asking if I was having issues because they couldn't log on. 

So glad it wasn't just me because I was all set to reformat my computer tomorrow!!

Did everyone else have issues, or was it a sporadic thing?

Message 1 of 42
Latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Seems eBay was down?

going by ebay's facebook page from approx 8.20 pm until just after midnight ebay suffered a major meltdown affecting not just .com.au but uk & usa sites as well. im sure we will hear more about it in comming days as a lot of sellers with auctions finshing in that time frame will be mighty upset. as is a lot of buyers claiming they could not bid on auctions. plus the fact many people was trying to list items before the 150 free listings expired which most couldnt do.  

Message 2 of 42
Latest reply

Seems eBay was down?

I was listing  about 2pm sunday when it started playing up, couldnt upload photos.

Then I tried revising a few listing and everyone of them the photos have now disappeared.

Hubby tried buying because of the %15 off and he couldnt, that was around 5pm, hes not a happy hubby

I tried listing again about 7pm and I couldnt even log in - 3 accounts

My son tried his account - no luck

Hubby tried again - no luck

About 9.30pm I finaly got logged in, tried listing but everytime I clicked something I totaly lost Ebay.

Since I had heaps of things to list and wanted to use the free listing we got I kept on trying.

Hubby tried buying his comptuer thingy again but no luck , he gave up and went to bed (cursing Ebay)

About 10.30 I finaly got some listings done (big total of 6) then it totaly crashed again around 11.15pm, I couldnt even log in.

Its now 2.30am and its all finaly working BUT OF COURSE the free listings have ended.

I bet that crash saved Ebay heaps as free listings couldnt be used and also saved them the %15

Ebay looking after Ebay

Message 3 of 42
Latest reply

Seems eBay was down?

It was way earlier than 8.20pm for me.
It crashed out on me early sunday arvo
Hubby couldnt even buy as soon as he click on Buy it Now it booted him
We tried buying on his Iphone, my pc and laptop and it was the same for all of them

Message 4 of 42
Latest reply

Seems eBay was down?

I maybe wrong but i think the 15% promo finshes tonight monday at 11.59pm.

going by all the add's on tv they was saying promo goes for two days. so im hoping thats correct as i have to pay for 3 items.  i just checked my last item i brought and that was at 8 14 pm and it was within 5 minutes after that i had my ebay crush.

Message 5 of 42
Latest reply

Seems eBay was down?

Yeh around 8.30 was when I totally couldn't log in

Earlier I could log in but couldn't list or buy
Message 7 of 42
Latest reply

Seems eBay was down?

Wasn't there some internet issue due to solar flares happening this weekend?

A convenient excuse for for the Bain Boys to roll out anyway .....

Message 8 of 42
Latest reply

Seems eBay was down?

You bet they were down. LOL. From 9pm onwards, until sometime after midnight (When I decided to give up and go to bed). As for the remainder of the 140/150 free listings for 4 days, well, why even peruse the link here when it isn't worth the paper it is written on. Same thing happened last month. Ebay is a guise and a sham. 10% of all fees on all auctions that sell? LOL! Yes ebay you can have an extra $1.50 for any additional things I wish to sell after my meagre "free fourty listings" allocation is exhausted. You're a stinky smelly **bleep** crack ebay. Terrible. Just terrible.

Message 9 of 42
Latest reply

Seems eBay was down?

Sounds like this was not only Ebay, reading the UK  link. 

I would wait before paying for any listings, as Ebay may hopefully give us some more freebies to compensate.

My scheduled items came on okay, and yes the 15% finishes tonight. Mon.

Message 10 of 42
Latest reply