Seems to be a Fee Rort

One of the IDs we operate is a non-Store ID.

Therefore we get 40 free aauction insertions each month which we normally always use up.

We received our fees invoice from ebay last week and noticed that it had an extra $60 on it. That just happens to be 40 x $1.50.

In the month of Feb we also took part in the 100 free listings they issued that month.

So I contacted them via messaging to request a credit for what looked like a billing error on their part.

They responded that we had gone over our monthly allowance of 40 in Feb but as a "gesture of good will" they were prepared to credit us for 37 of the listings not the whole 40. So they are still over billing us by $4.50.

When my wife was doing the listings at no point was there any indication that we would be charged insertion fees for any listing.

I contacted them again pointing out that yes we went over the basic allowance of 40 but that we also used and additional 100 free listings we were invited to use that month.

So far no further response. I guess they hope we will just go away.

Has anyone experienced this before and what can be done to make them see their error?

Is there a history of what free listings you used in any given month stored somewhere?

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Seems to be a Fee Rort

Yes, there is a history of how many you've used and when, and even the listing numbers you used them on. 

Down the bottom of All Selling where it shows how many you've used of your current allocation there's a small link that I think says history.  If you click on that it shows you when prior freebies were and how many of them you used and how many were left unused.  You can click on the number used and it'll give you the item numbers of the listings you did with those freebies, or that's how I remember it.  I've never had to use it but I did click on it a while back and sent an email about it to a friend.  It would help you argue your case for every one of your listings that you shouldn't have paid for.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Seems to be a Fee Rort

Just went in and checked my accounts, no insertion fees charged on any of them.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Seems to be a Fee Rort

Yes, there is a history of how many you've used and when, and even the listing numbers you used them on. 

Down the bottom of All Selling where it shows how many you've used of your current allocation there's a small link that I think says history.  If you click on that it shows you when prior freebies were and how many of them you used and how many were left unused.  You can click on the number used and it'll give you the item numbers of the listings you did with those freebies, or that's how I remember it.  I've never had to use it but I did click on it a while back and sent an email about it to a friend.  It would help you argue your case for every one of your listings that you shouldn't have paid for.

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Seems to be a Fee Rort

Hmmm...

I don't see "All Selling" on mine.

Perhaps its becasue I have Selling Manager ative.

So I can't see the history link you are referring to.

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Seems to be a Fee Rort

OK been looking more and found a History Tab on my Selling Manage summary page that is mayeb what you are talking about.

Looks like this screen capture...

This shows we had actually used all of our 40 free listings and only 46 of the free 100 we accepted.

So might send them this screen capture. See if that jogs their memory.

HF_Listings_Feb_2016.JPG

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Seems to be a Fee Rort

@clarry100 wrote:

OK been looking more and found a History Tab on my Selling Manage summary page that is mayeb what you are talking about.

Looks like this screen capture...

This shows we had actually used all of our 40 free listings and only 46 of the free 100 we accepted.

So might send them this screen capture. See if that jogs their memory.

HF_Listings_Feb_2016.JPG

Yes, that's what it looks like.  If you click on the 40 or 46 you used you'll get a page with all the relevant listing numbers.  It has a search facility so you can copy and paste the listings you were charged for (from your invoice) and see whether they're on the list of free ones you used.  If they aren't, check that the time you were charged for them (the time you listed them) is within the times that the extra freebies ran for, just in case you did a heap of listings before you activated the extra freebies.  The start time on the history is when you activated them, not when the promotion started (was available).

When you're listing, keep an eye on the counters to see which counter they're coming off when there's more than one promotion at once (the normal 40 and any extras), and also be aware that any scheduled listings will only come off the available freebies when they actually list.  If you do multiples in a listing they'll usually come off your normal 40, not the extras, so you always need to keep an eye on how many you have left so you don't make a mistake and go over.

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Seems to be a Fee Rort

Keep a watch on this. I looked at mine after reading your post and found that I only had 250 free listings for my Featured Store. I contacted the online help and as soon as they looked at my account, it flipped to 500 so I am now going to do as advised above and check all free ones against my monthly charges.

A big thank you to you.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Seems to be a Fee Rort

Were any of the listings listed after the 9th, when the promo had finished?

image host
Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Seems to be a Fee Rort

Yes they were but they were coming off the normal 40 which we had some of left.

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Seems to be a Fee Rort

This has happened to me a number of times. Just keep plugging away and if you are in the right you will win. It may take many, many weeks though. Ps. Keep re-opening the same case number or you will get mixed messages. 

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply