Selecting and Printing Ebay Australia Post shipping labels

Hi Everyone,

Wondering if someone can help me.

I use Ebay's AusPost shipping labels direct from Ebay... ie Print Shipping Labels

from the my Ebay summary/awaiting postage list.

Ebay have their own negotiated rate for 500g Satchel and BX1 at $7.15

This is great and economical. But how can I make it much quicker to

use this shipping label printing service.

I would have thought one of the external software companies would have sorted this out already, but surprisingly no.

I have checked out Readtoship, Shipit, etc.

Anyway, some attributes are not even in sync.

1. When I mark one of my listing as < 500g with correct tiny dimensions, It chooses Austral Post Parcel

post and enters in the weight and dimensions... This is a more expensive service at $7.45

How can you get it to choose the "Ebay Australia Post" services, ie the ebay satchel ones.

If no weights or dimensions are entered on the item selling, then it waits for you to choose what service

you want, when you do have the weights n dims then it chooses AusPost service instead of Ebay.

2. Surely some external software company has harnessed the use of Ebay shipping labels and 

allows us to use it mucher quicker by doing batch printing. Eliminating the need to clicking each orders shipping

label link and choosing method of ship then printing individually.... what a pain.

I use a ZEBRA LP2844 Printer, which works very well.

I have tried Click and Send, its essentially the same as Ebay shipping labels.

Funny thing is, Click and Send assume everyone uses Laser printer to printing shipping labels and

insists on printing 4 labels to a page on batch printing, which ofcourse does not work on

Zebra Printers (only prints 1st, 5th, 9th labels etc).

Has anyone found any better solution.

Thankyou Everyone.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

eBay 500g and 3kg satchels are options in the postage dropdown. You still have to input weight and dimensions. I use 400g and 10x10x10.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

I don't put any weights or dimensions in my listing template.

Just the ebay satchel and cost which does not need to be $7.15.

If I need the 3kg satchel for multiple items, I just change it at the time of making the label.

When printing labels, I right click "open in a new tab" on the "Print postage label".

Then I can do the label, delete the tab and be back at my "Waiting postage" screen/tab. 

Much faster than going in circles.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Hi, 

Yes I do the same with the right click and all, ๐Ÿ™‚

It looks like no matter what you choose as the delivery method, weights and dimensions,

It will never pre-select the Ebay 500g Satchel service or the Ebay BX1 Service.

It will only select the Parcel Post service with the weights and dimensions filled out, and ofcourse the price is 

usually double what it can cost. Silly system in my opinion.

I timed myself today how long it takes me to print shipping labels, IT WAS 1hour 15minutes, approx 80 shipping labels.

partly the fault of my slow computer, which I will be replacing on wednesday, but still quite time consuming.

Is ebay working on a batch printing service? I am seriously considering EParcel now.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Most of my daily orders I can count on one hand these days.

I can see with 80 orders it would be very time consuming, not to mention boring and repetitive doing it this way.  

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply