Sell to the US and Canada

Hi everyone,i want to sell an old USA Coin and have noticed more bidders from the USA and Canada would be interested in the coin i want to sell.

I have some Auspost Postpak DP Computer Disk AND Photo Mailers and i want to send possibly to those countries.With the coin inside,it weighs approx 40g.

1- I was wondering if anyone sends coins to these countries and have some idea what it would cost $AU to send coins there thru AUSPOST?

2- Also are there any restrictions on sending an old coin/coins to anywhere USA/Canada?...and any risks as in what are US customs like are they strict on coins and would they confiscate ar anything stupid like that?

3-Am i better off selling on USA Ebay?

Sorry for all the questions! thx for any help or advice for this overseas sales newbie!

Regards,

Ozziebidnbuy

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I have only bought coins from USA and Canada, never sent them over there. There are restrictions in some countries as far as sending currency through the post. I think your best bet would be to check the US customs site and see if they have restrictions or not. 

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Thx,just wondering if anyone has sent stuff to the US and had any dramas....?

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

From the Aust Post website. Select United States in the drop down http://auspost.com.au/apps/international-post-guide.html

Also from the Aust Post website. Not sure if this applies to what you are sending or not. I have never had issues sending or receiving coins through the post http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/sending-valuable-items.html

Google is your friend 😄

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

saarzi
Community Member

1. I think, YES, youd be better putting the item on Ebay.com rather than ebay.com.au. Because, Americans.

2. I send stuff to the US all the time and never have any issues - but I ALWAYS send registered (sign to pick up) post, which is about $25.

In terms of the coins themselves, you need to check with US customs or find a U.S. based coin collector forum that deal with it all the time - it would be online somewhere, shouldnt take too much more than a few google searches. Dont reply on people here for info like that - I have found they are often wrong or have misunderstood the regulations. Get it from the horses mouth.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

@gtx305 wrote:

1. I think, YES, youd be better putting the item on Ebay.com rather than ebay.com.au. Because, Americans.

2. I send stuff to the US all the time and never have any issues - but I ALWAYS send registered (sign to pick up) post, which is about $25.

In terms of the coins themselves, you need to check with US customs or find a U.S. based coin collector forum that deal with it all the time - it would be online somewhere, shouldnt take too much more than a few google searches. Dont reply on people here for info like that - I have found they are often wrong or have misunderstood the regulations. Get it from the horses mouth.

I fail to see how links to Australia Post is not the horse's mouth. No opinion or (mis)interpretation involved.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

I send PDF files on CD's to USA using a padded envelope. Cost is $2,75 normal mail for up to 50 gms. I dont register it as I can accept loss and simply send another copy or send as an email attachment.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply