Seller don't have Negative or Natural feedback for buyer ?

09rd09
Community Member

And I am the recent victim who receievd negative feedback from buyer where he/she bid on item from interstate where buyer state that only pick'p and then forced me to go to post to drop the parcel and when i tried to cancel buyer left Negative feedback and I am ebay member since 2005 and this's first Negative I have received. and I don't think there's anyone from ebay can help.

But for all Seller on ebay ....its bad call :(:

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

you can open a non payer dispute after 4 days from sale date and then 4 days later close it and the buyer is then blocked from leaving any feedback.

Call ebay as they might remove the feedback if they read the messages sent from the buyer.

They can not force you into anything.

Sellers have not been able to leave negs for buyers for some years now and if you leave a +ive rating with a neg comment the buyer can get it removed and you get a policy violation.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

If the buyer has not paid open the non payer dispute and 4 days later close it and the feedback should go.

If it does not then call ebay and they will remove it

You post sounds like you had posted it after being "forced" to do so.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Sellers are not able to leave positive with negative comment as it's against ebay policy.

Did your buyer organise for someone to pick up the item for them or didn't they ?

How were you 'forced' to post but buyer states you resold the item ?

Perhaps you could clarify in plain English please as your post is confusing & contradicts the feedback.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

If you are worried that you may not be able sell again because of the one negative dont worry , you have been on ebay for 5 years and must know that sellers with many a negative keep on selling , you can try calling ebay to have it removed , by the sound of things your not a regular serious seller so I can see why this one negative may have hurt you , you also have replied to the negative which is great ,and people can see this the only one negative in 5 years ! , look I have been trading for a while now and really its only  that 1% of users or less that are unreasonable ! 

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

That neg which looks like a case of  poor communication and misunderstanding would not stop me buying from you however your unprofessional response using capitals and the fact that you think it is perfectly alright for you to breach ebay policy by leaving a pos feedback with a neg comment would have me hitting the back button.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

The caps in his reply would not worry me as a buyer. Not all the reply was in caps, only key words.

I thought the reply could have been clearer though.

As for the positive feedback that was negative. It may be against ebay policy but quite a few sellers do it. Doesn't make it right, i know.

But if anyone is going to do it, they need to make it worth their while. That response by the seller was a waste of space, not detailed enough. Just saying someone can't read instructions is far too vague and as a buyer, I would not know what the problem was or who was at fault.

If he had written something like-item clearly listed as pick up only but then buyer upset as I couldn't post it-well, then I would know the problem and be able to make up my own mind.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

That neg which looks like a case of  poor communication and misunderstanding would not stop me buying from you however your unprofessional response using capitals and the fact that you think it is perfectly alright for you to breach ebay policy by leaving a pos feedback with a neg comment would have me hitting the back button.

Well it would not have me hitting the back button

In fact I understand and share the sellers frustration.

As a member (buyer and seller) I am indignant that ebay is signalling that I can be trusted as a buyer to leave thoughtful

reasoned feedback whether positive or negative but I cannot be trusted as a seller to do the same.

This is how ebay describe feedback and how/why to leave it in their help section.

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/feedback/howitworks.html

Why leave Feedback?

Leaving honest comments gives members a good idea of what to expect when dealing with other members. Leaving Feedback is also a way to express your appreciation for a job well done. Finally, if you are a buyer, you can help spread the word about a seller you like, and if you are a seller, you can help recognise and reward loyal customers, which encourages them to

buy from you again.

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/inappropriate-feedback-comments.html

Policy overview

eBay's Feedback Forum is intended to be an open, honest place to share your experiences with other eBay members.

Why does eBay have this policy?

We want Feedback to be an open and honest way for members to share their experiences with other members.

This helps buyers and sellers decide whom they want to do business with.

However, there are certain things we won't allow, like abusive language, because such comments don't provide other members

with useful information.

In cases where we think the Feedback violates our policies, we will remove it.

bare faced policy lies do not help !!!!......Is it any wonder that frustrated  sellers become confrontational???

atheism is a non prophet organization
Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

...ebay's words and not mine.......

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/feedback-extortion.html

Feedback is the foundation of trust on eBay.

Who else thinks ebay should change "is" to "was"...

Feedback was the foundation of trust on ebay

atheism is a non prophet organization
Message 9 of 9
Latest reply