Seller identity

I am just trying to sell second hand clothes and accessories, not so much but more than 50 items, this translates to my personal info being distributed to 50 strangers ( assuming I sell them all but they are almost free, the prices unbelievable) Is there any way around this? Please let me know.

Many thanks

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Seller identity

No, the buyer needs to know who and where you are.

On the bright side, 50 potential buyers will need to expose to you their postal address and email address, and send you money, trusting you will send them their item.

And I would spend some time making your title and desciptions longer, e.g.   this is an illegal title, because there is only one book, you need to put the title, author, etc.

Second hand/used books   

Message 2 of 23
Latest reply

Seller identity

Uhhhhh ๐Ÿ˜ž and your question being ? I don't quite understand ( or is that just me ? ) 

Message 3 of 23
Latest reply

Seller identity

If you don't want buyers having your home address you could get yourself a PO Box and use it for all sales and purchases.

Message 4 of 23
Latest reply

Seller identity

eBay and paypal do not provide full address details on sale and payment advices, only suburb and state.

If a buyer requests contact information they can get your registered phone number, but you are sent advice that they have made this request, and in all my selling time on eBay I have only ever had one buyer request my phone number via eBay (rather than directly) and that was to organise a pick up straight after sale.

You could always leave off your address on parcels you send and run the risk of them not being returned to you if they are not able to be delivered, or get a po box as suggested by another poster.

Message 5 of 23
Latest reply

Seller identity

Not trying to be picky, but, I would start your 99c auctions higher because if they sell for 99c, by the time eBay takes their cut for the sale price and postage and if the buyer pays by PayPal, they will take their cut, you will be out of pocket. It's fine to list things low to almost give them away, but you don't want to have to pay out of your pocket for people to take them off your hands.

Good luck with it all!

Message 6 of 23
Latest reply

Seller identity

Thank you very much Curraone.
Message 7 of 23
Latest reply

Seller identity

Is this allowed on ebay?, sorry...just wanting to know more accepted ways on this new endeavor .
Thanks.
Message 8 of 23
Latest reply

Seller identity

Thecatspjs, Thanks, I was referring to the address on the parcels, I am getting the impression that this is really the only way to go - must disclose actual name and address.
Message 9 of 23
Latest reply

Seller identity

i-love-my-sheep, Thanks for the input, I thought that the .99 was only a bid starting point and that we can always turn down bids.

Do you mean to say that if you put a buy offer of .99 then the transaction will go thru without me having any say? Has that ever happened?

Thanks heaps for the well wish.

Message 10 of 23
Latest reply