Seller provides wrong address and Ebay gives them a refund. Not Fair!

I had a buyer open a case that they did not receive their item. When I contacted them and asked them to confirm that their address was correct they got back to me saying that the postcode was incorrect. I then contacted Ebay asking if I owed them a refund and they said no  and that the case would be closed in my favour. Today I contacted Ebay as the case was still open and I wanted to know why. I just received a message that the case was closed in the case of the buyer and that Ebay refunded them and the money would be dedeucted from my paypal account. How is this fair when I contacted Ebay in the first place to see where I stood on this issue!? They also said that they had made a note on this case that I had contacted them and that the case would definatly be closed in my favour. How do they get to change their mind without even contacting me. I was just trying to do the right hting in the first place by contacting them to see where I stood with the issue.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Seller provides wrong address and Ebay gives them a refund. Not Fair!

Was the item a parcel or letter, ie if it was a parcel then there should be tracking. Secondly if it was a parcel how did you process the postage, did you use eBays postage. I've noticed that when using either eBays postage or Click and Send if the post code doesn't match, it comes up with an error to say the postcode doesn't match the suburb and you can't proceed until it's fixed. I then email the buyer to let them know.

Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

Re: Seller provides wrong address and Ebay gives them a refund. Not Fair!

I would think that since the item was sent out by the OP that neither of these methods was used or they would have been aware up front as you say of the postcode error.
I'm guessing, since the OP has not been back, that this may be a case of the item being sent without tracking
Message 12 of 12
Latest reply