Seller spreadsheet?

Hi,

im just wondering if anyone has a link to a good ebay spreadsheet where you can track how much profit your making and items you are selling?? if not does anyone know how to make them??

thanks

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Seller spreadsheet?

If you are a bit of a dab hand with Excel (I use an old Office 2003 version but works for me) its not too hard to make up your own profit & loss workbook. I made up my own with guidance from my tax accountant on what info to collect.

It has multiple workbook tabs where I can enter data chronologically for:

Gross Sales (monthly paid & posted report from ebay)

Postage Costs (daily running)

Fees (ebay & PayPal monthly)

Stock Purchases (as they occur)

Household (if you are operating at home)

Utilities (again if you are operating at home)

Phones/Internet (by billing cycle)

Asset Purchases (as they occur)

Other Expenses (as they occur)

Simple Vehicle Log (if you use your private car in relation to the business) (log for a typical week in the year)

Value of Stock on Hand (you need to do a stock-take end of each tax year)

Floor Area Calculations

Each one of these tabs allows data entry in chronological order and then rolls up totals to the top. GST fields are included in case we break the GST threshold. Then I just roll each tab total up to a main profit and loss summary sheet and categorise them. This is the one my tax accountant is most interest in.

If you are operating at home and you have 100% dedicated floor space for your business then you can claim that percentage of household expenses against income for tax purposes. Keep in mind tho that doing this if you have a mortgage can have CGT implications later on down the track. 

Of course you always need to collect and file all receipts in case of ATO audit.

I don't have an empty version of it I can pass on tho. So it has lots of personal financial records in it. But its likely that mine will not be 100% suitable for you so some tailoring would be required to suit your situation.

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply