Seller with 5200+ feedback - receiving 1000+ fb per month?

Hi,

I know we're not supposed to discuss specific seller's, so I'll just refer to one with out spelling out any names as an example - the seller on the homepage selling sporting goods, cycling equipment, fishing etc etc

They registered late last year, have a fb score of 5200+, and receive over 1000+fb per month already? being a new seller from new Zealand, how's that even possible? Their products are brand names, but nothing special. Is it just price?

Not Top Rated Seller

Not oftering "Free Postage"

Shipping From NZ

What criteria do they meet to attain such sales each month? Those numbers are crazy to me. But this is just one of many seller's I could use as an example.  They are a large seller, but small-mid tier seller could never achieve this in this short space of time.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I haven't tried to look up the specific seller, but just some general thoughts...

This sort of thing is quite feasible for an established seller who can bring existing customers with them, particularly if they offer "eBay exclusive" lines and/or deals, i.e. giving people a reason to shop on eBay rather than any of their other venues. They may also advertise the store elsewhere, there's now a ton of social media sites commonly used for that sort of thing.

If they're a large retailer who get special favour from eBay (and many of the big name stores do), home-page advertising, or even advertising on search result pages can get extra attention / sales (some searches I have done have had a panel up the top showing several products from a big box retailer - for example, when the discount promo for tech was running, I conducted a search for a TV, and one store had a showcase gallery at the top, while eveyone else's listings were underneath). 

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

What d*g suggested. A business that has been in existence for 10+ years, then joined forces with a leading outdoor retailer, late last year. Established clientele in retail.

In October 2014, xxxx joined forces with xxx Sport – New Zealand’s leading outdoor retailer in the bricks and mortar space...

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply