Sellers: How do you respond to " item not received " ???

Most sellers like myself need futher advice / examples on how to respond with claims " items not received "

as we are not certain if buyers are genuine or not.  My seed items are only small $$ and purchased  as singles

most of the times. Larger quantities are sent with tracking....with no recourse from buyer.

Thanking your responses in advance...Poppy.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Sellers: How do you respond to " item not received " ???

Sorry,posted in the wrong spot,got a semi migraine,no Mersyndol & son took my car to go to work.Someone express post me a pack? with tracking of courseSmiley Very Happy

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

@amxsuperstores wrote:

I simply never, ever, ever send a parcel without tracking.  Seeing as a purchaser of a $1 item's negative feedback stands up as strong as a $1000 item buyer's negative feedback, I always sell things with a bit more expensive postage so we have tracking.  We might lose a few sales here and there by our postage being a couple bucks dearer than some others, but if it's going to save a world of stress, then so be it.  If an item is so cheap and it's unjustifiable to charge a certain amount for postage on it as then the sales will never be made, maybe off-eBay selling would be better.

As soon as you upload tracking numbers Paypal automatically errs on the side of favour of the seller (it's all mentioned in Paypal's Seller Protection policy), as the seller has done everything possible to protect themselves and provide a safe, secure way of getting a parcel to someone.  Posting something without tracking is not doing everything possible to ensure this.

I post about 40% of my items as letters. Never had one go missing yet.

Somebody said the other month that book buyers are honest, so maybe that's why.

I am certainly not reducing my profit on mass market paperbacks by $3, nor am I going to price myself out of the market by increasing those prices by $3.

As somebody said the other day, it depends on your market.

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

Bump.. ๐Ÿ™‚

Pretty sure i said that, repeatedly over several years - thanks davewil ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

Sellers make mistakes too. I bought an item recently, the seller put a 9 instead of a 3 for the first no. of my PO Box. As our PO boxes don't go up to 900, one of the PO staff put try XXX box (mine). If there were PO Boxes with the 9 number, they would have received my parcel.

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply