Sellers - Please I need help. Buyers are unable to pay, it says I cannot ship to there location.

Hey eBayers. I need help.

I am cancelling atleast 50% of my orders, even in Australia. Buyers are getting an error "the seller doesn't post to your location" they either get the error in the checkout before ordering, and some are getting the error after they have purchased, leaving them un-able to pay and then followed by a cancellation request.

I have been on eBay chat every day for a week and they are looking into it, but are unable to give me a reason to why it's happening.

It appears random to me, some items are working, some items arn't and they both have the same shipping options selected.

This has been going on for 1 week now.

Please if anyone know's of something that could be causing this please let me know.

I'm heamoraghing cashhhhhhhhh here!

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Sellers - Please I need help. Buyers are unable to pay, it says I cannot ship to there location.

Is it related to listings with free postage, calculated postage or other ?

In the past problems with postage has often been with the calculated postage to the buyer's location.

If there is a pattern as to what listings it is happening to, I would tend to change all to flat rate for the time being.

Bulk edit and use a safe postage price for all areas with perhaps excluding FNQld and NT.

Don't rely on eBay finding the problem but see if you can isolate it yourself and alter accordingly.

image host
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

I have already done this, the problem still persists.

I have also changed the postage methods.

I'm considering making a whole new account and saying goodbye to my 6000 feedback.

I have just turned off all international postage to see if that fixes the problem

It really is a head ache, as it appears random, I/ebay have no bloody clue what's going on.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Not good. Even with free postage and working the post cost into the items ?

Keep in mind any new account is limited to 10 listings whether you have a store or not.

But once you show eBay you have another established account they will lift limits but can take some time.

image host
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

You use a courier. Couriers don't deliver everywhere, PO boxes of course but not limited to. Could that have anything to do with it? Probably not but just wondered

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

If it's a technical issue that can be fixed or bypassed by doing something on your end, the only way to approach it is with a process of elimination where you can get immediate feedback on changes - that's really difficult unless you can get someone who has been given this error message to test each small change you make with a specific setting.

That being said...

My first questions would be:

Are you using business policies (where you set up shipping profiles and assign listings to profiles, rather that set postage costs etc per listing)? If you are using business policies, I would try temporarily opting out, if you're not using business policies, you could try opting in, but this should be a last resort after carefully reading over all of the available info. 

Are you using rate tables, flat rate postage or calculated postage?

Have you tried exempting buyers from requirements when they can't pay?

Have you checked your postage preferences for anything that doesn't look right?

https://www.ebay.com.au/ship/prf

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

I checked one item and it said ...... Standard Postage (Australia Post Regular Parcel + Tracking) 

maybe this is confuzzing the ebay program as this postage option is no longer available?

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

I think I have sought of fixed the problem. 

I have removed international shipping and it looks like people are shopping again.

How bloody random is that, even in Australia it was stuffing my listings.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

This used to randomly happen to me for buyers usinh the ebay ap rather than the web page.  The messge about not shipping to their location only happened on the ap but all was fine when they then tried to purchase on the web page.   

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply