Sellers beware re GTC listings.

Don't know if this has already been posted on the boards.

My GTC listings seem to auto relist to 36 days now on the Aus site and 32 days on the USA site.

So if anyone is watching items finishing to end them before they relist be careful they may go beyond 30 days.

image host
Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

i just noticed that myself right now ??

Dont Change your Price , Change your Customer
Message 2 of 21
Latest reply

I also just noticed that for the 1st time Non Paying buyers that dont pay and as so as you get your FVF credit they vanish from your sold "have to leave positive feedback" section

Thats a great thing 🙂

Dont Change your Price , Change your Customer
Message 3 of 21
Latest reply

My auto-relists vary between 31 and 33 days. It seems to depend on when they initially listed.

New listings are running 31 days.

Brer said on the PS board that that is the way it is designed - the listing period aligns in calendar months from when they were first listed. I used to end and relist every four months when 3 auto-relists were available and kept it at that when we got 8. I haven't ended many since February, so some were initially listed in November, which would explain the 33 days (31 plus the 2 for the 242 days since  3 November).

Dunno. What I know is it's playing havoc with my OCD.

Message 4 of 21
Latest reply

You know... according to Slavic and Macedonian folklore, vampires have a kind of OCD... hence the scattering of mustard seed of poppyseed around a house to ward of vampires, or scattering poppyseed in a grave over the shrouded body to distract it from feeding on the living via sympathetic magic. The scattered seed is supposed to so distract the vampire that it cannot proceed; he/she stops to count all of the seed in a compulsive manner.

Such a vampire would go nuts with eBay's variable calender.

Message 5 of 21
Latest reply

I think I'm a vampire.

Message 6 of 21
Latest reply

I'll bake you a poppyseed cake.

Message 7 of 21
Latest reply

Will I be able to scatter the seeds?

Message 8 of 21
Latest reply

image host
Message 9 of 21
Latest reply

At the risk of repeating myself (obviously very few read my other posts on the subject)...

From July 1st, gtc listings are supposed to roll over on the same day of every month (the same day as they were initially listed), ie. 5th of every month if they were listed on the 5th of a previous month. If they were listed on the 31st and a subsequent month only has 30 days they'll roll over on the 30th that month and then revert to the 31st for subsequent months that have 31 days.

If something was listed last year or the year before on the 17th of a month, but it's worked its way back to rolling over on the 3rd July, rather than rolling over on both the 3rd and 17th they're obviously extending the cycles for July/August so they don't relist twice in July and use up two listings.  This is why some sellers are having listings showing as having more than 30 days to run before they end. 

There's absolutely nothing to 'beware of'.  An extra long cycle is a bonus to some sellers; to others it just means it'll be a bit longer before they show up again in ending soonest.

https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/SU19-1/Marketplace-Updates

Message 10 of 21
Latest reply