Sellers' listings of CDs. It would be useful if all sellers listed tracks on Cds. Is this do-able ?

To all sellers of CDs. Would it not be possible to show the tracks on the CD. I am trying to replace a lost collection and in many cases I know the name of the artist and the tracks I am looking for.  But the albums have been released so many times under different titles. Many sellers photograph the back of the CD or list the tracks under 'description'. I have given up googling every title to try to find out what is on it, so if you don't describe your product adequately, I will buy from someone else!

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Sellers' listings of CDs. It would be useful if all sellers listed tracks on Cds. Is this do-able ?

I include tracklistings for all my used CDs.  Easy to do without typing out in full if you know what to do.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

ALWAYS list the track listings on ours! Not hard to find them!

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Yes, very annoying when there's only generic info about a CD/record or cassette, especially if you are looking for a specific release.

We always do our best to list everything properly (tracklists or photo of tracklist/catalogue no etc)

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Many sellers photograph the back of the CD or list the tracks under 'description'

If that's the case, buy from them. They are already following your orders. And you know whether they have what your looking for.

Anecdotally, something like 3% of members ever visit the boards. So you are probably only reaching 3% of CD sellers. Who may or may not list tracks.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Try including the name of the track(s) in your search terms, and tick the box to include the description, this will mean eBay searches the description for those words and will return results from sellers who have listed the tracks (it won't return listings from anyone who only has the tracklisting as an image, though).

As an aside, Discogs is an exceptional resource. 

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

I include tracklistings for all my used CDs.  Easy to do without typing out in full if you know what to do.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

@jacquvic_49 wrote:

To all sellers of CDs. Would it not be possible to show the tracks on the CD. I am trying to replace a lost collection and in many cases I know the name of the artist and the tracks I am looking for.  But the albums have been released so many times under different titles. Many sellers photograph the back of the CD or list the tracks under 'description'. I have given up googling every title to try to find out what is on it, so if you don't describe your product adequately, I will buy from someone else!

I agree - and it's the same with vinyl records.  So frustrating.  It's such a relief when I find a seller who includes track listings.

My other pet hate is vinyl records graded on how they look (ie they are unplayed). 

I don't buy from sellers who don't grade records properly.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

ALWAYS list the track listings on ours! Not hard to find them!

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Yes, very annoying when there's only generic info about a CD/record or cassette, especially if you are looking for a specific release.

We always do our best to list everything properly (tracklists or photo of tracklist/catalogue no etc)

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply