Sellers should be allowed to leave Negative and Neutral feedback for bad buyers.

Why was this rule ever changed?  

It is so unfair to sellers who have to deal with lousy buyers. Just paying for an item doesn't make some people a 'good' buyer. Sellers should have the same feedback options as buyers do. Would stop a lot of fake/troublemaker buyers holding sellers to ransom.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Sellers should be allowed to leave Negative and Neutral feedback for bad buyers.

How is the buyer holding you to ransom ? Sounds more like you need an answer to a question re how

to deal with a difficult buyer rather than the header on your post.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Not at all. I know how to deal with bad buyers. But sellers should definitely have the same feedback options as buyers. The current system is very unfair to sellers.

Ebay should change it back to how it was. Simple as that.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

@pupet

please don’t start two threads on the same topic next time.  You have one running on the Selling board and one on the Buying board.  Members aren’t restricted in which board they can post on, so members who are not sellers can still post on the Selling board and members who are not buyers can post on the Buying board.

I posted on the other but won’t be copying and pasting my reply here.

It would help us understand the issues you have had with ‘bad buyers’ if you gave us a few details.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Are you aware there are actually some options available to set basic buyer restrictions that can help filter out "problem" buyers (specifically low feedback buyers, who can often be the problem ones)?

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Pupeteo, you may not have been around in the so called ‘glory years’ of eBay, but wherein you speak of ‘lousy buyers’ and ‘buyers holding sellers to ransom’ is conversely exactly how a great proportion of buyers might remember sellers of those times. 

The pendulum has moved - look for cause and affect.

But, I agree to this extent, there perhaps should be some some machinery by which sellers can warn other sellers of unsatisfactory buyers - perhaps? Why perhaps? Simply because it’s hard to know in many instances who is telling the truth and who is telling the porkies. It’s sort of self defeating if you get what I’m saying.

Be professional to the best of your ability, and that also means taking reasonable steps to protect yourself, which includes frequenting these pages, and you shouldn’t have too much of a need to want to leave red for a buyer.

Melina.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply