Selling Fees

I just sold a Drone for 500 dollars and was hit with multiple fees. 
The main one being the selling fee at 60 dollars and some automatically generated sendle label that I never agreed to at 15 dollars. 

How can people possibly justify selling on this platform?

I have been buying on ebay for years thinking i was helping sellers to some extent now i just feel this guilty feeling like I have been ripping people off for decades. 

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Selling Fees

Selling fees have been the same for many years now even when sellers could use Paypal, it's around 13.4%.

If you don't use the Sendle label you won't have to pay for it.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/selling-fees-without-ebay-store?id=4822

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Selling Fees

Selling fees have not changed in years and years, although they can differ depending on what category you are selling in.

I've never had a label generated automatically, but I know that you have the option in the drop down menu of the transaction to purchase a postage label. Perhaps you clicked on that?

Smart sellers account for all fees in their postage and their pricing.

BTW, it looks like you haven't sold for a long time - have you signed up for the new payments system? If you haven't, you will never receive your money.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Selling Fees

I havent sold for a long time no but it seems that my payment is awaiting for the goods to be marked as delivered. 

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Selling Fees

But you have indeed signed up for Managed Payments and been verified/approved?

The money has nowhere to go otherwise 

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Selling Fees

there is a chance i have and havent i honestly cant remember

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Selling Fees

You would have had to upload a passport or drivers licence and also provide a bank account for the funds. There is no more Paypal for sellers.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Selling Fees

It might pay you to keep up with eBay policies. And if your memory is goldfish level, maybe take notes.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Selling Fees

Hello,everyone. To be respectful is very important in your interaction with other members here. I'd like to remind you that content that is harmful, hostile, threatening, abusive, baiting, vulgar, defamatory, harassing, or includes hate or racist speech, name calling, or profanity will be edited or removed.  Please read about our policy here: https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Community-Feedback/Updates-coming-to-eBay-com-au-Discussion-Boards/... Thanks very much. 🙂

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Selling Fees

Hey!

I literally thought the same thing yesterday.

I can sell the same product elsewhere and be hit with a 2% fee (instead of a 13% fee) and keep a considerable amount of the profit for relatively doing the same amount of work.

All well and good to say "a smart seller incorporates all charges" but I can't justify marking my products a further 10-15% more and then 1. not making sales and 2. ripping people off completely.

I am considering dropping eBay altogether....

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply