Selling Limit of $10

Hello

Why do I have only a 1 Item and $10 per month selling limit?

My recent selling profile and current profile says I am Above Standard.

I have only sold 1 Item in the last 12 months and there was no problems associated with it.

I have 100% Positive Feedback and have had the account for over 10 years.

I have tried a few times to increase the limit and been automatically refused at this time.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Selling Limit of $10

On this account you're posting under, all your feedback as a seller was from 'over a year ago' so eBay consider you a new seller (regardless of how long ago you opened your account)

I opened my selling account the same year as you did, and last sold on it as long ago, so if I were to start selling again today, I too would be seen by eBay as a 'new' seller

I suppose you could keep trying for the increase, or sell 1 item, get positive feedback for it and then try again

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Selling Limit of $10

Length of time on Ebay is not relevant, but it does seem like a very low restriction, to be honest. 

And I do think it varies as some intermittent/new sellers have different parameters.

I have seen another thread where someone had 10 items/$2500 limit, which seems far more reasonable.

Did you follow a link to ask for the increase? It's just bot driven which is why you would have been refused.

Perhaps jump onto chat instead and ask them directly. Tell them you have around $500 (or whatever) worth of stuff around your home which you are looking to sell. 

Make sure you are signed up and verified for the new Managed Payments system and just be aware that your funds will be held for 21+ days, even though you need to ship within your handling time. Buyers very seldom leave feedback these days, so getting your funds is not reliant on getting a green dot, but rather if tracking shows delivery and/or the time restriction passes.

Worst case scenario - open a new account. You'll probably find the seller limits are different.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply