Selling Manager / item views

I find myself more interested in the views than the watchers (and have turned the watch feature off so I can't see it during the listing). I feel more views is a sign of more interest and it just seems like it would help to know the interest level.

What's your take on the views? I'd like to hear from small sellers too.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Selling Manager / item views

as with 'Watchers' many many 'views' are other sellers with similar items just checking to see how you list an item like one they have / what price  you list at / what price it sells at.

watchers and views is NO real indication of 'buyer interest' but as with a Shopping Mall, if you dont have the watchers and views you wont make any sales but not every viewer is a potential buyer.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

I saw on the UK site number of watchers are now shown on the front of a listing to all.

I wonder if that will come here.

If 20-30 watchers and they can see that, maybe one of them will think to better buy it before someone else does.

image host
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Alot of views may be from other sellers but not all of them. From viewing random auctions, the higher number of views generally means the higher the item will sell for.

The watch count showing to visitors has been on the US site too but I dunno if it's still there now. It certainly says to people that it's a popular item and could increase the value.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

My experience is very different than putneys.  If I get lots of watchers quickly then I can have confidence the item will sell at close to the listed price or higher  🙂 generally after listing the once only, but sometimes I may have to list several times, but regardless, if gets lots of watchers it will eventually sell with a price I am happy with.

Having inkfrog is a bonus, I can view a real time, one page world wide map of location and ISP of every one visiting my listings - what they were looking at, how long for and how many total listings.  Click of a button I can get progressive tallys of most popular etc etc

The ISP details are fantastic also  - I can see who views by phones, what browser etc etc -  I have even labelled the ISPs of some "difficult" buyers for my amusement as they are blocked 🙂  it is interesting how there is a small cluster in one state ]:)

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

labelled the ISPs of some "difficult" buyers for my amusement as they are blocked   it is interesting how there is a small cluster in one state

How do you do that with people with mobile broadband? I have a different IP address every time I log in to the net. The ISP is, admittedly, always Telstra, but I can't imagine anybody really blanket blocking an ISP.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Yes, of course it is a different IP address for mobile users each time they logged into different network, as I posted I have labelled some.

I can't block an ISP -  I can only block user IDs the same as everyone else.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

You did say ISP.

eg - Telstra, Optus, 3, AAPT, etc.

Just sayin'

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply