Selling Vehicle Compliance Plates on Ebay

A few days ago I discovered someone selling a vehicle compliance plate and firewall cut on ebay and find this extremely illegal. Is this something you can sell? I would have thought it promotes illegal activity of rebirthing stolen vehicles. As a mechanic I find this extremely concerning that this item can be sold on ebay. I reported the listing days ago and spoke to ebay customer support and the item is still listed. This item should be cancelled immediately but ebay don't seem to care.  

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Report it to the RTA in your state

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&rt=nc&_nkw=compliance+plate

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Appears they are either blanks or old collectables not for use. (Listed as not working)

image host
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Saying that it's "Not Working" is a joke it's a piece of metal it's not meant to work. I would be very suspicious as to why someone would pay over $700 for a piece of metal "for display purposes only". A valid compliance plate is the last piece of the puzzle for someone doing a cut and shut job on a vehicle. I don't think the RTA made compliance plates so people could collect them hahahaha. 

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

I think K5 is correct.

lozy - not working most likely means the compliance statute has run out.

People collect everything nowadays, when they first made postage stamps it was to post letters, same can be said about many things. ๐Ÿ™‚

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply