Selling designer bags in AU eBay

I have been on ebay buying and selling things off over the years (note : I am not a active seller most of the time just selling my personal items that I dont need anymore). Recently I would like to sell my Prada men bag.  I have the purchase receipt, item certificate card etc.

I do hear some horror stories that buyers take advantange of paypal protection claiming the bag is fake and then Paypal relies the story provided fully from the buyer and then they take money out from the seller.  Seller got nothing and buyer keeps the bag.

As i am in AU, and to minimize the risk I am only selling it within my country only. over the years i have had no issues with my AU buyers. I would antiicipate the bag would sell up to over even over $1000 in this case.   

Any experiences to share? I will try to sell on gumtree firsts however if that doesn't generate much interests i have to go with eBay.

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: Selling designer bags in AU eBay

Besides the things you mention, if it has been a while since you have sold anything , remember you may be subject to the '21 day hold' period of paypal funds, just like a brand new seller would be

Also, if it has been a while, personally, I'd try selling some cheaper items first, as the kinds of scammers that are out there likely to pull the fake trick (even if you have proof otherwise) *may* be more tempted to try one on if the see a seller has not sold very much recently 

Just my 2 cents

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply