Selling multiple items with buy it now , want to keep same postage cost

nygel6
Community Member

I am selling items with buy it now, if I sell 1 or 150 item I would like my postage cost to remain the same,

Is there a way I can list so this occurs. Thanks Nick

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Your listings are set up to charge $8.50 for every item no matter how many are purchased at one time.  The buyer can find the price under the postage and payments tab.

Is this what you want or do you mean you want to charge $8.50 in total however many are bought?

You can indicate this by telling buyers to purchase through the Cart and wait for you to send an invoice.   You just put the postage that you want on the invoice.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

in addition to what lyndal said, you can set the postage policy for your "Buy It Now" item so that you can set the initial postal cost and then the additional cost per item.

you can do this by going up to your username in the top left hand corner where it says "G'Day xxxxx" and selecting "Account Settings" then clicking "Business Policies" on the left hand side. Select the "POSTAGE" business policy which applies to this item or create a new one if you want it to be exclusively for this item only. 

you should see settings similar to what's below.. if you want the postage to remain the same regardless of quantity, enter "0.00" in the "Additional Cost" area.. or whatever you want to charge per additional item. 

alternatively, if this method is too convoluted, you can edit the listing you want to set the postage for, find the postage policy on that listing and edit the details below. 

hope this makes sense :] 

POSTAGEPOLICYEDIT.jpg

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

If you don't use business policies, put $0 "for each additional item" in each listing as in the screenshot in the previous post.  You may need to check that it works correctly if you sell other items with a different postage amount on them.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

If you want to charge a flat rate of postage across multiple listings you can create a Postage Rule for combined postage with zero for each additional item and then tick the box on your Postage Policy to apply the rule.

https://cgi5.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SellerShippingPreferences#

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Thanks for responce, I dont use business policies. I have also tried create postage rule etc but nothing seems to work. I do have various postgage costs on different items maybe this is the problem. Thanks

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply