Selling on Ebay

It's very dangerous, here can buyer what didn't paid the item leave you negative feedback eBay just tell you to open the unpaid case after you close unpaid case it suppose to be negative feedback removed.

Overall i spent so much time handling negative feedback from scamers what use this system to extort the seller.

What support you receive from eBay for money you pay simple zero. One CS on the phone will tell you different think then another one.

If you look how many negatives have Chinese sellers and they are top rated seller everytime. This is just a scam how Ebay do a money. I spoke with few sellers what confirm me that they were extorted after this system was hacked by some buyers receiving negative comments.

Is the ebay secure for selling definitelly not it was not a first time when i repport the buyer what try to scam me or another seller what happened nothing he is operating on ebay can uying and selling without any restriction i checked it with 3 sellers what report one buyer for fraudulent activity. Ebay is not interested about the report of sellers providing evidence.

In cases where here operating the group what buy from you Item and complain in the same day its not working left you negative feedback because he is friend of competition.

Most Chinese sellers sell their stuff on anothe pages and finnished with ebay paying the fees for nothing as i heard so many sellers said after that hack the selling rate drop 80% down and hardly selling here anything and if they sell something they have problem with scamers what like to left negative feedback. Most of them moved on secure pages and their own pages because the potential and the high risc selling not worth the problems.

How is eBay fixing this problems simple they do not care they have the fees  so many buyer see nice holes in the eBay policy how to ruin seller reputation and business i'm not wondering why so many sellers left and why if i buy something i got the business card with another web page with 10% discount comparing the ebay prices.

I decided to do not sell and do not buy here anything to do not support feew unskilled people in Ebay central NSW what do not know how to protect this website and make it secure for both sides not just for buyers what can do in the system they want..

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Selling on Ebay

I would contact customer service and try to get the feedback removed if it is feedback abuse.

I have done this before on a few occasions and if it can be proven that you have been abused, they should remove the feedback.

Message 2 of 22
Latest reply

Selling on Ebay

They don't for example i sold the Sony Vaio genuine battery to some Indian in NSW. Battery was almost brand new i bought localy in the Perth for $120. he paid $40 for that battery with $18 shipping because i do not need it anymore

I fully refunded his $58 and i received the negative feed back i complain to eBay there is nothing wrong with battery because it was under warranty i brought it in the shop i bought it. Repport from shop says there is nothing wrong with battery comes back from Indian buyer from NSW with 5 cycles.

When i asked the ebay to remove the feedback i heard they are not able to remove it. They do not care that i had the statement from shop i boght it the battery they have their rules . Week after he tried to scam Chinese seller for same battery but not genuine.

To be honest if you have any evidence you can throw it in the bin eBay do not care about the repports.

Same with buyer what do not pay the item he can left you negative comment. Ebay CS tell you that you must open the unpaid  case and he will get chance to pay it within 7 day. If no response you can close case like a unpaid and feedback will be removed but here it doesnt. Work, I'm fully agree with the sellers what left the ebay  and selling the items 9.9% cheaper then here accepting paypal where buyer and seller have protection. That means is secure nobody can extort you with negative feedbacks and about the quality cares the highly skiled CS of your own company.

Same from China if i bought something here i had with item business card with webpage where to buy it cheaper, friendly CS not like here willing to fix any problem paypal buyer and seller protection. Objective solving of problem accepting evidence.

What support got sellers here for % they paid. I sold here items in total value of $10000 maybe 2% of all salles i did comparing other webpages until this system was hacked after hack it was really hard to sell anything here no wonder so many sellers left ebay and selling elsewhere  and like a bonus they started to charge all sellers with shipping fees. If you re selling big devices what have over 5kg the freight is not cheap.

Message 3 of 22
Latest reply

Selling on Ebay

EBay has removed the feedback from the battery buyer, but not removed the replies. It looks like the red dot remains though. I would keep ringing them until they remove it. They can remove feedback, it's just sometimes they refuse to because the person who left it has has a valid reason for leaving it.

The Nintendo buyer had a valid point. You did relist the item the next day for triple the price. I would have been angry about that too. Start your listings with the minimum you are prepared to accept for an item, that way no-one gets upset. Especially you when you don't get anything near what you want for it.

Message 4 of 22
Latest reply

Selling on Ebay

I-love-my-sheep interesting what information you have are you working for Ebay to try to save a reputation.

On Nintendo the buyer had so much time to pay that item he was not intended to pay it. That's the reason why i opened unpaid case after i spoke with Jessica from Ebay CS. He got another 7 days to pay the item and i delisted Nintendo, but he didn't paid the item.  The buyer received the invoice 3 minutes after the auction 5 Days after he won auction he extort me that he will left me a negative feedback I asked him he didn't paid.

The problem is not a price.

This nintendo game i have 2 identical set. But if somebody is not willing to pay funny $32 over 21 days and i got negative feedback.

And the ebay answer is he have right to left a negative feedback

It was a month ago when somebody won the item for $1 + $30 freight cost. He told me after he won the auction that he is not happy with the price of freight. Anyway he paid the item after he received he tried tricks on me that item is used if you check the pictures it's sealed from factory. He opened the case on paypal i offered him full refund i just ask paypal to send evidence that means the pictures whet is damaged what doesnt work and how sealed unit can be used. He had chance to return the item back and i will refund his money. He cancelled the case on paypal never provided any evidence just left negative feedback on ebay.

When i spoke that time with CS she told me buyer can leave negative feedback and if i lost on this transaction $5 that i paid on fees i can send the message to buyer to cancel transaction. This told me eBay CS. If i will not sell him that cathodes for $1 i will get negative feedback because i dont want to finish the transaction. Ebay do not listen they do not care about any evidence i won the case on paypal because that buyer was not able to provide any evidence and never intended to return the goods.

Then don't tell me ..... how ebay here care about the sellers If you do not receive negative feedback because you want cancel the transaction you receive it after because some buyer have problem to pay $32 and if he get another chance when you open the case another 7 days. Ebay will simple do not support you.

I'm not surprised why so many sellers left and said this is discusting and for money we paid we do not have any protection.

Unskilled CS what do not care about the details and evidence. If i offer to send evidence for examle for that battery where i had lost $18 for shipping with insurance you know what the CS told me they can do anything.  Buyer can left negative feedback anytime he want what can do seller nothing.

Message 5 of 22
Latest reply

Selling on Ebay

You can close an unpaid case after FOUR days, not 7. If a case is closed then any negative feedback should be removed, because no transaction has taken place. If it isn't, you keep ringing eBay until they remove it. 

Why is it every time someone gives a reply to someone and points out a few things they don't agree with, they get accused of working for eBay? Bit over it really. For the record, no I don't work for eBay, not that it's any of your business. Maybe I should, I'd probably get paid far more than what I do cutting people up for a living. Does eBay even have an office in Australia? Maybe if you looked at one of my listings, you'd see where I reside, then check google maps to see where it is. I highly doubt eBay would have an office in rural NSW.

If you're not prepared to read answers from other forum members without accusations, probably best you don't. You have been given answers to your questions, yet you keep repeating yourself. We know why you got negative feedback, it's up to you if you want to do anything to get them removed. Probably best not to stalk bad buyers on facebook too.

Message 6 of 22
Latest reply

Selling on Ebay

What accusation maybe you didn't read the conten't i wrote here. Why the seller from NSW left the ebay when he had here business over $100 000 monthly because he was sick to fix problems of some scamers. Or you think to lost $100 000 monthly from ebay is low business he is selling on another platform why because of protection of sellers.

You said that i relist it and whats wrong if i relisted item if somebody is not willing to pay the item 21 day in total is so long time i gave him a second chance unpaid case you can close after 7 days it shows me in the system not 4 days.

Why other sellers from UK left ebay and selling on amazon. Because of ebay approch and in 3 cases i explained you how ebay works...

Seems you are trully ebay CS support. Because if i will scan ytou here documents and police report you will twist it to different dirrection.

Like with nintendo ....

Call ebay i do not waste the time there a plenty of websites where i can sell the itms with local pickup when the buyer come to me get the coffe and cake and test and buy he need. That's what i call the bussines with support or recomend him my warehouse if he need anything else.

Here you can refund some scamers make a lost and receive item back in Telstra free envelope. Sorry not free customers from telstra already paid for it.

I'm speaking here how **bleep**y is support of eBay what type of support have here sellers. I sold here items for $10000 within one year.

If you want speaking about negative:

1) negative system didn't work and i was not able delist the camera, buyer was upset that i do not want finnish the transaction. I sent ebay report Ebay doesnt work and pull down negative feedback because of the screenshot's it was problem on ebay. Resolution of ebay we cand do anything. Buyer have right to left negative

2) Someone buy VHS-C camera for transfer of VHS-C tapes for $13  no reply after 8 weeks negative feedback the camera is not full HD old format. Strange to understand that somebody is biding for something and he dont know whats that. but ok

3) Item i sold for $1 Sealed cold cathode. as i said it before. No support from ebay and i won the paypal case and he still had chance to return it.

4) Battery under warranty value $120 with receipt, he claimed it doesnt work. I offered him full refund. Strange from shop i bought it i received the report the battery is working without any problem. He left me negaive feedback. 2 weeks after for same type of battery he left the negative to chinese seller for same type of battery just 3th party. How did help me to resolve the problem the ebay we can't do anything buyer have right to leave negative feedback.

5)  Nintendo as i said before he had 21 days to paid 7 days unpaid case no interest to pay.

Problem wit AE-1 camera  2PCS for $210 sold to NSW he opened the case the item comes damaged  it was dispatched before via Aust post with insurance. Regarding Australian Post buyer whar receive the damaged item must bring it on the nearest AUST post office. Paypal put the case in buyer favor and he never went on AUST POST because regarding rulles if something will comes damaged durring transit the seller is responsible and buyer must return the item.

Regarding Aust Post buyer must bring the items on the nearest post office and claim damage.

What's the point if any seller here using Aust Post and paying the insurance simple for nothing because ebay rules are strictly he must return the item to seller. Seller can't claim the damage because regarding australia post this must do the buyer.

Anyway this buyer send me back just one camera instead of 2 cameras. He simple kept one camera support from ebay none he got all his money back and one of my camera. I asked for support of ebay you know what was the answer contact the police we simple do not own the items. There is contract between sellen and buyer and if he do not returned both items you must go on police and try to fix with them.

This is how the ebay works.... Never got any support and im not the first one so many sellers left ebay because paying money for nothing and ebay is not able to fix any of problems. Buyers can do here anything they want seller protection or support is zero,

Message 7 of 22
Latest reply

Selling on Ebay

To be precize he did $100 000 monthly before the hack of ebay after the hack so many buyers left the ebay and it brought it the new wawe buyer what lik to operate here to destuct the bay as i had the change speak with him and others seller he hard harly $900 and paying ebay shop and fees doesnt makes any sense to sell it anymore.

Same is the buying here you just support lack services so many sellers are selling elsewhere and cheaper because do not pay huge fees. That's maybe the reason why so many sellers sending the business cards with their own pages and 10% discount and try to learn customers where can buy with confidence cheaper with paypal protection.

It's the problem for ebay but ebay honestly cares about the % thats the reason why they raise fees on shipping cost.

I do not care anymore

Message 8 of 22
Latest reply

Selling on Ebay

Completely lost interest after the first sentence because you were clearly repeating yourself once again and I am not reading any more of your mostly unreadable drivel. I tried to help as a fellow seller and you clearly don't want mine or anyone else's help, so not sure why you bothered coming here in the first place.

I wish I was eBay CS, then some things, like abuse of sellers might get fixed. If I was CS, don't you think I would have the power to remove unfair feedbacks? Maybe you are an eBay spy yourself, posing as a hard done by seller.

Re the closing of a case. This is from eBay help page:

We contact the buyer to request payment

Timeline:
  • We contact the buyer immediately after you open the case.

• The buyer has 4 days from the time you opened the case to pay.

If the buyer doesn't pay within 4 days, you can close the case and an unpaid item may be recorded on the buyer's account. If the buyer has contacted you and you've agreed to extend the payment deadline, you can wait up to 36 days after the listing ended to close the case.

Close the case
Timeline: As soon as 4 days and up to 36 days after the listing ended.
  • If the buyer pays using one of eBay's approved electronic payment methods (PayPal, credit card, or Paymate), the case closes automatically. But if they use another method, you need to go to your My eBay and mark the item as paid.

• If the buyer doesn't pay, you should close the case in the Resolution Centre and request a final value fee credit. If you don't close the case, it expires on the 37th day after the listing has ended and you don't get a final value fee credit. You also won't be able to reopen the case or open another case for the transaction.

which can be found under this link: http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/sell/unpaid-items.html FOUR DAYS, NOT SEVEN.

Message 9 of 22
Latest reply

Selling on Ebay

๐Ÿ™‚ I spent so much time handling this with CS honestly overall i spent maybe 4 hour and the final status was buyer can left negative feedback.

I understand thats maybe you that you will willing to fix this problem. But as i said so many sellers will said its enough.

Thanks for copy the link how much time it takes. I opened the case 15.8 and i was able to close it 22.8. 8:45pm. It seems here are again difference for example you have 4 days to close unpaid case i do have 7 days.

On this picture you can see another unpaid case where the buyer called me that he want cancel the transaction 1 week after i got email from ebay

<REMOVED>

In these types of situations, we'll credit the final value fee for removed listings won by this buyer, and also the insertion fee if it was a single-quantity listing.
All associated fees have been credited.

Not a first ebayer what is not willing to pay the item to be honest after that hack  it increased here so many. Unpaid items, scamers, low views of items. And they raise the fees. Anyway thank that you are trying to help. But i spent so much time to handling problems with feedback and its ennought i called the ebay yeasterday and it cost me so much money and time for nothing. Seling elsewhere and buying without problems.

After this approach and zero value i got from ebay for fees and zero value what got the others sellers for shop i decided to stop seling here and buying here anything. If i will buying here i will support ebay with 10%. I will rather buy elswere for 10% less price then here.

Message 10 of 22
Latest reply