Selling on US site

Good morning all,

i hope you are all healthy and happy 🙂

We really are dead in the water here. The lull since Xmas continues unabated. It will become worse after new federal legislation on 1st July.

Elsewhere we enjoy a lot of sales from the US, so my question is to anyone having experience with listing directly on the US eBay site and is concerned particularly with the con’s of doing so. What should I be aware of?

As always, thanks for any advice.

Melina.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Selling on US site

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Melina, I am not a seller as you know but read everything on the boards.

The main trap with listing on ebay.com is the item location/postage services.  I am sure there will be some sellers who regularly list on the US site who will be along sometime.....just wait it out till they appear.Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Selling on US site

Thanks Lyndal 😊

We shouldn’t have to ask, but there is always something that will ‘catch us’ if we don’t.

Youve already mentioned one thing that I’ll check now. Possibly issues with PayPal too - conversion charges.

Youre right though, someone will have the experience. Happy to wait.

I hope you are well.

Melina.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Selling on US site

If you list on the US site your transaction will be in US$.....you can just leave them in your paypal account to use to pay for items you may buy in US$.   It saves on conversion fees.

You also need to be careful of the postage amounts....US buyers may baulk at paying the high postage charges for the item to be shipped from Australia when the item was listed on the US site.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Selling on US site

Thanks Lyndal, yes I see postage as an issue, but not one we can’t get over. It’s just a matter of reducing it for the US and leveraging it out I think. If you get my drift.

Ive had a good look and think about it, so I’ll list a few items and see how we go. I can’t see anything too frightening. I’m so pleased we parted with the bulk of our inventory with those three big ‘lot’ sales to South Africa. Gawd we could have been holding the bag. This new legislation, and more to follow, is definitely going to cruel things here is Aus. It’s a kaput industry here. Itvwill hurt overseas suppliers too, especially those in the US who had a big market here. After July 1 it ends for them too. It depends on your perspective I guess, but the consensus is that the Nanny State is becoming a Grand Nanny State.

Never mind. Onwards and upwards 🙂

Thanks Lyndal. Take care.

Melina.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Selling on US site

If I may ask what is after 1st july. Please no one respond with the 2nd july.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply