Selling shoes

I am so confused. I have been selling/buying on eBay for 13 years and have a 100% record. recently my daughter gave me

her Louboutin shoes she had purchased in New York. They were way too high for her . My listing was removed almost as soon as I have completed it. I got a confusing email from eBay, copyright etc. I thought it was a mistake as there were and still are pages of these shoes on the site. I listed  and again it was removed, this time about copyright on Elvis Guitars,? I replied and and asked what was going on. Oh they were protecting me ! - So has anyone got an opinion on what I have done wrong  as they threatened me with

exclusion it I listed again. What am I missing. Don't feel like selling anymore.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Selling shoes

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Do you have cast iron proof that they are genuine?  So often these designer shoes are fakes....they would have been reported by another member.

If you have proof that they are genuine, such as a receipt from where they were bought, then ring ebay and tell them that they are genuine and you have proof.

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Selling shoes

Hi Lyndal, There is no where to call - just email I did tell them where they were purchased but I have no receipt. I am devastated

that I should be considered to be selling fakes ! I feel i can no longer trust eBay .The shoes were not a big ticket item, only $185.00

Nothing I said would change their minds. I no longer feel safe selling on eBay.

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

Selling shoes

Why do you blame ebay because you do not have proof they are genuine? A very high percentage of so called designer items are fake. There are other sites that don't care as much as ebay about the integrity of the items they sell so if you want to sell use the alternatives or find a B&M auction house that has high end clothes sales.

As for the other ones being listed it is just that nobody has reported then yet.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

Selling shoes

Do you keep the receipts for everything you buy? I certainly don't, mainly because I buy clothing or shoes to wear myself, and not with the intent of on-selling them at a later date. It might be a good idea if eBay woke up to themselves and realised that one-off sales of designer items are highly unlikely to be fakes. It's the sellers who have lots of the same designer clothing or shoes in different sizes who eBay need to be going after.
Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

Selling shoes

Your daughter must know where she bought the shoes from.. a Dept store, independent shoe store,a  market stall etc.

Did she pay by eftpos or cc? If so, the details (amount paid & date of transaction, name of store) will be on her statement and she can contact the retailer she bought them from and ask for a replacement receipt.

Genuine Louboutin shoe prices start at around $600 up to $2400 approx.

My daughter bought a $200+ wallet in New York from a brand name store. Unfortunately, later in Europe, she was mugged and her handbag stolen, wallet included. I emailed the brand name store in NY gave them the date of the transaction and they scanned and emailed me a copy of the reciept within 2 hours. (receipt needed for travel insurance claim).

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Selling shoes

Cq - Do you keep the receipts for everything you buy? I certainly don't, mainly because I buy clothing or shoes to wear myself, and not with the intent of on-selling them at a later date.

I do keep receipts for most things I buy ( excluding perishable items like food, petrol). Not because I want to resell them but incase they are faulty down the track.

Receipts are needed for refunds and replacement warranties.

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

Selling shoes

weaverthorpe,

so sorry to hear about the shoes saga!

Same thing happened to my sister when she tried to sell the same brand shoes (mine), but then again, she only sold one other item before that.  She has gone back to US several months ago - and listed them there just fine.

Shoes lasted about 2 full minutes in a live listing before they were removed, with the message (from memory): 

"We are not saying these are fake, but we try to keep a safe enviroment for shoppers"

I rang them up to see what they were on about.

First thing they asked for is the receipt - I told them they have no right to ask, it's none of their business, only police can ask for proof in the case of stollen goods - and further more, that is pointless anyway as anyone can send them a receipt - and then keep using the same one to sell umpteen fake shoes with it ifin the same style!

They told me I had a very valid point.

Then I asked them what are so many pairs of same brand shoes doing on Ebay and do they have receipts for every single one of them.

They said no, no receipts, but the Vero owner "didn't complain"

Then I said that's rubbish, Vero owner didn't complain about mine either, they wouldn't have the time as the shoes were removed almost instantly, and besides they would never complain about this pair unless they are visually challenged.

I also told them that I could point out all the fakes in about half an hour flat - if they are that worried, but they said they NEVER act on another members reporting "as other members are not quallified to evaluate what is fake and what isn't - ONLY Vero owners have the power to remove the item.

Then I told them they can't have it both ways, told them there are full of it,  they interfere way too much in other people business without the real reason - and hung up.

I definitely think that even asking people for a receipts for selling second hand goods is a huge intrusion, and besides, that is pure rubbish because they don't ask for receipts. It's only their recommendation to sellers to inlude it in the listing if they have one!

OP, if I was you, I would give them a call and ask why you can't list them as they are not fake shoes, and to check with Vero rights owner if they are that paranoid. Even C. L can't stop you selling them, they may have made them, but you bought them and they are yours to do with as you please. You don't need their permission for that!

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Selling shoes

If you can't prove authenticity of the goods you are selling, then they should not be listed. 

It is ALL of our business that only authentic goods are for sale on this site.

If you do not have original receipt, it may be worth it to pay to get them authenticated.

There are several online services that provide this service.

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

Selling shoes

thecatspjs,

I can't agree with just about anything you have said.

And, I'm not a seller - but if I was I most definitely wouldn't feel the need to plaster words Authentic all over my listings, provide receipts or prove in any way that the item is genuine.

The fact that I know it is (because I bought it in the first place) is good enough for me - and I would leave the rest to Vero owners, or my customers or Ebay or whomever to prove that it's a fake.

It's like protesting your innocence to the world before anyone even accused you of anything!

Ridiculous notion.

And by the way - that wasn't even what my previous post was about.

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply