Selling shoes

I am so confused. I have been selling/buying on eBay for 13 years and have a 100% record. recently my daughter gave me

her Louboutin shoes she had purchased in New York. They were way too high for her . My listing was removed almost as soon as I have completed it. I got a confusing email from eBay, copyright etc. I thought it was a mistake as there were and still are pages of these shoes on the site. I listed  and again it was removed, this time about copyright on Elvis Guitars,? I replied and and asked what was going on. Oh they were protecting me ! - So has anyone got an opinion on what I have done wrong  as they threatened me with

exclusion it I listed again. What am I missing. Don't feel like selling anymore.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Selling shoes

My post was regarding the OP and general discussion not directed at you particularly, I just added to the thread.

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

Selling shoes

@fixnwear wrote:

thecatspjs,

I can't agree with just about anything you have said.

And, I'm not a seller - but if I was I most definitely wouldn't feel the need to plaster words Authentic all over my listings, provide receipts or prove in any way that the item is genuine.

The fact that I know it is (because I bought it in the first place) is good enough for me - and I would leave the rest to Vero owners, or my customers or Ebay or whomever to prove that it's a fake.

It's like protesting your innocence to the world before anyone even accused you of anything!

Ridiculous notion.

And by the way - that wasn't even what my previous post was about.

This post is directed to you fixwear

You statement that it is up to a buyer to prove an item is fake demonstrates IMO a high level of disregard for buyers, trading and consumer protection and I think it is a good thing for this trading place that you do not sell on eBay.

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

Selling shoes

however the real funny thing was they replied to my email by stating that many ''Elvis guitars were fake'', oops, then they replied again saying sorry they got muddled. There was a comment here about the cost of the shoes, the ones I was selling were 'Scissor Girl' in purple. They retail in USA abut $189.00 they can been seen on the web.

And no we don't keep receipts for everything and no we don't have to prove they are the real deal.

There are loads of this brands still on eBay so I don't get it either. I don't think I have upset anyone,reported anyone, so I am at a loss.

certainly too scared to list anything now. What is a Vero owner mean?. I am getting  too old for this rubbish.

I will list them on Gum Tree.

Like you my listing was removed in a split second???????

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

Selling shoes

Half of the reply is missing. I said thank you for your support. I am usless at posting and never had occasion to complain, 10 years ago we didn't seem to have these problems with eBay.

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

Selling shoes

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply