Please Help! Postage options are confusing i want to post an envelope size worth 70 cents postage

Hi Guys, 

Im new to the selling since ebay started using the postage labels. 

I have some items i want to sell that will fit in an envelope and take a stamp for postage. I would like to offer this a free postage to my buyers as its really only a 70c stamp i will be using. However when i select postage type and FREE postage, ebay asks me what services i want to us- only options are for Aust Post. So i select the lowest being the satchet which ones the buyer pays ebay charges me $7.15 for postage label and postage. When its only going to cost me a stamp to post! Therefore im loosing money. 

How can i set this up so that i can post in an envelope, not worry about the postage label and not be charged from ebay for postage?

Please help, this has happend a few times now and im loosing money! Hope someone can help explain what i am doing wrong! 

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Please Help! Postage options are confusing i want to post an envelope size worth 70 cents postage

@squeakswonders wrote:

Hi Guys, 

Im new to the selling since ebay started using the postage labels. 

I have some items i want to sell that will fit in an envelope and take a stamp for postage. I would like to offer this a free postage to my buyers as its really only a 70c stamp i will be using. However when i select postage type and FREE postage, ebay asks me what services i want to us- only options are for Aust Post. So i select the lowest being the satchet which ones the buyer pays ebay charges me $7.15 for postage label and postage. When its only going to cost me a stamp to post! Therefore im loosing money. 

How can i set this up so that i can post in an envelope, not worry about the postage label and not be charged from ebay for postage?

Please help, this has happend a few times now and im loosing money! Hope someone can help explain what i am doing wrong! 

Select Flat Rate for all Buyers, tick the free postage cos and then Standard Postage from the dropdown

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Thank you so much! I just selecting the Standard Delivery option, hopefully this solves my problems 🙂 

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

@squeakswonders wrote:

I may have misunderstood your post, but are you saying that you're printing postage labels via eBay after the sale?

If so, and you're only going to be using the standard letter service, don't do that... Smiley Tongue The eBay postage label facility is only to create and pay for parcel postage, they don't cater for letters at all. If you have created eBay postage labels and won't use them, you can cancel them within 5 days and the money will be credited back within 30 days (after it's been verified that you didn't use the labels). 

If you just want to be able to print out an address label to put on the envelopes, you can do that via Selling Manager, or simply copy / paste the address into a word doc and print. 

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

don't worry about using ebay labels. Just take your items to the post office as you normally would.
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply