Selling

namnie
Community Member

Hi all, fed up with my eBay listings showing more information needed.  I am selling a bath towel set, eBay keep asking me what the “character” is, it does not have one!!!!!  Then the item use…….the list in the drop down box says sauna, gym, beach……..it’s a bath towel for god sake.   Every time I open my eBay account these items pop up asking me to add further detail…….adding “soon to be required information”……….. It’s all getting too hard.   eBay changes are burning me off and I have reached power seller status a few months ago.  Does anyone have a suggestion?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Selling

Ignore those requests for more information needed. Some of them are so unsuitable anyway. 

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Selling

I suggest gumtree

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Selling

I found that when I added the additional information on my listings last year, my sales increased a little. Where the information is irrelevant, I just put N/A or pick something random.

Having said that, they have now asked for more information yet again as they have recently added ADDITIONAL item specific requirements in the last week or two. I mainly sell cushion covers and now they want to know the "EC Range" of my item in the Recommended Detail section. In other words: "Range of energy efficiency classes designated by the local governing body. Ensure the information on the energy labelling is displayed, including electronic label and product information sheet, energy efficiency class and range, if provided by law."

It's  a flipping cushion cover for goodness sake!

I do understand your frustration in this. As soon as you fulfil one set of required information, they add more junk for you to fill out a few days later, half of which is just word salad.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Selling

The search engine was always bad...but how much worse can it get?

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Selling

I've been using the " tell us what you think" link to point out the idiocy of specifics such as "EC Range", when they don't apply to AU.  It wouldn't be so bad if the fool who decides on new specifics also added a " Not Applicable" option. 

Another thing I've now pointed out to Ebay numerous times is that when a buyer has ticked "don't ask me about item specifics again" (or whatever that useless line is) that means they, ie Ebay, should note that and not keep banging on about missing bits.

Obviously various lockdowns have given me too much time. But if anyone who is peeved by the idiocies littering this website were to point them out by using the various feedback request options ebay provide, it may eventually make the fools see reason - if not it is probably better to vent frustration in rating their item specifics as '0' with a suitable comment than to punch the wall (although whacking nails into a block of wood is a good frustration relief and has the benefit of exercise).

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply