Sending Valuables to Hong Kong

Hi Ebay Brains Trust lol.... Does anyone know what I should do about this . I only sell to Australia but have a antique gold & seed pearl brooch (selling for $585.00) Someone who buys & sells anitique jewellerty in Hong Kong wants to buy it!! Got a quote off Australia Post website (& with extra coverage for cost of brooch) says it'll be about $42.00 to send with signature selivery. Has anyone had experience with sending to Hong Kong this way? I viisit Hong Kong about once a year & know they have a great postal system but worried about sending a valuable this way. And getting bad feedback if it doesnt arrive,or refunding etc

Another point is it appears that EMS will take over the delivery OS.... but it says it has items they prohibit to send inc. Jewellery & antiques (the brooch is both of these).... so does anyone know a better option or would you not risk it? Thanx in advance!

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Sending Valuables to Hong Kong

I would look at TNT or Fedex. We use them but don't know if you need an account.

Small package shouldn't be more than $60.

image host
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Thanks Kopes !! Very much - I'll look into those

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

TNT and/or FedEx charge an arm and a leg for ad-hoc one-off shipments.

Cheaper option is Couriers Please.  You can book online and they use DHL (they are part of the same group)  for international shipments and they are relatively cheap.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply