Sending a revised invoice.

A person purchased an item and chose pickup to collect. Fine with me as I offer this choice to all buyers. So I send the buyer an email asking when she intends collection and the email I receive back indicates she wants it posted instead. Ok - so I go to 'Send revised invoice' under my Sold list, and find that:

error.jpg

So is this a glitch? or what? What am I supposed to do now?

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Once checkout has been completed, it's no longer possible to revise an invoice unfortunately.

The only thing you can do is invoice directly from PayPal for the postage, or cancel the transaction and have them purchase again.
Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Thanks DG.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

On occasion I have had this scenario and I wait for the item to be collected before I send invoice with adjusted postage, mark as paid etc. in case buyer can't make it to the collection.

The buyer may also think they need to pay before collecting if they receive an invoice and pay by PayPal instead on COPu.

image host
Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Except the buyer now wants it posted.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Correct.

Even more tricky -- because they haven't actually paid anything, I don't have their email address to send an additional invoice for the postage. So I am going to have to cancel the sale.

I am still scatching my head as to why the buyer chose pick up anyway, as she lives in SA and I'm in VIC.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Maybe she was planning a trip and it fell through.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

@egglesdtp wrote:

Correct.

Even more tricky -- because they haven't actually paid anything, I don't have their email address to send an additional invoice for the postage. So I am going to have to cancel the sale.

I am still scatching my head as to why the buyer chose pick up anyway, as she lives in SA and I'm in VIC.

If you got to "view sales record" for this sale in your Manage all Orders list you will find their phone number (that's if they have given one).

Maybe you could contact them and talk the issue through?

If they either have no phone number, don't answer or fail to respond to emails (their personal email addy should also be in the sales record) then cancellation is the only viable option citing buyer address problem.

Other than wait the 4 days and open an Unpaid case.

As the item remains unpaid there always used to be an option for sending a reminder invoice plus message from the same dropdown in which the sales record is accessed.

I didn't realise this had been removed and have a bit of difficulty understanding the reasoning behind such removal.

Yet another anti-improvement I suppose.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

I honestly think it has to do with FVF calculation, and possibly the impending shift to the new payments system.

FVF on postage is calculated as soon as checkout is completed - I only ever got maybe one or two buyers a year, usually on small items with low overall prices, that selected bank deposit and then wanted to change to PayPal, so I actually never checked on what happened to the FVF on postage that was originally charged when they completed checkout the first time (despite it being one of the questions I repeatedly asked eBay when they announced FVF on P&H Smiley Embarassed ), but there could have been some issues related to that, and this is a typical eBay "fix" (in that it comes years later, and doesn't actually solve the problem for anyone).

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

I honestly think it has to do with FVF calculation, and possibly the impending shift to the new payments system.

FVF on postage is calculated as soon as checkout is completed - I only ever got maybe one or two buyers a year, usually on small items with low overall prices, that selected bank deposit and then wanted to change to PayPal, so I actually never checked on what happened to the FVF on postage that was originally charged when they completed checkout the first time (despite it being one of the questions I repeatedly asked eBay when they announced FVF on P&H Smiley Embarassed ), but there could have been some issues related to that, and this is a typical eBay "fix" (in that it comes years later, and doesn't actually solve the problem for anyone).

You're being logical - not a good idea to assume ebay will do anything logical.  Smiley Frustrated

In times past, if they went through checkout and selected bank deposit the fees on postage were automatically charged the same as they were if they'd paid immediately with paypal.  Not sure if it's still the same - I did have someone select bank deposit a few months ago because they wanted an invoice but I'm fairly sure I was charged on the total postage (individual amounts all added up).

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply