Sending to a click & collect address - is an e-Bay postage label required?

I've just sold an item for the first time in a long time.

Unbeknownst to me, an option to send to a click and collect address was added to the listing - apparently an option buried in the settings and turned on by default.

The postage I charged was for regular post.

The cheapest eBay label postage option is double the cost, wiping out my entire profit.

If I send the item regular post, without the eBay label, can I take it that the C&C store will reject it?

Is there anything I can do, other than requesting a different address from the buyer (which they'd be entitled to refuse, given my listing did - albeit without my knowledge - offer C&C)?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You no longer need to send packages to C&C addresses via a tracked method, it just makes it easier for sellers to check up on whether it arrived if something goes wrong at the receiving store.

However, if all goes as it should, the store will receive it and assign it a collection number (which is sent to the buyer as pick-up authority), and at that point eBay deem it proof of delivery, tracked or untracked. 

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

further to what digi has said - i don't use ebay postage labels and have sent items to C&C addresses without any issue.

that being said, i still use a tracked delivery method - but if you don't use tracking normally anyway, i can't see how it would work any differently.

just ensure you include the address as provided with the eCP code the buyer used during checkout and there shouldn't be a problem :] 

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

I've never done a click and collect, but I reckon I would add an extra note above or to the side of the label explaining that it's a click and collect package to be held by the shop for the customer or something, just in case your package is received by a new employee.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply