Sending very small items via International letter rate now banned

I have been selling a number of very small  3d printed  items aimed at aircraft modellers ( weighing 25 grams) to international customers ,the items are flat and comfortably fit inside a standard envelope . I have just received 11 packages returned through Australia post with a sticker saying needs a customs declaration filled out and sent as a parcel .This was implemented on the 1st April  apparently . So I took them into the PO today only to find they want to charge $24 -$29  for a tracked parcel  upto 1 kg  . So pretty well stuffed my enterprise  .Im also annoyed that some of these packs were posted early April and the post office  have been sitting on them for over a month  needless to say I will cop bad feed back when I contact my customers  

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Sending very small items via International letter rate now banned

@porcelain_dolls_by_me wrote:

The EAD issue was only enforced in January 2021 - not "a year ago"

I didn't say enforced, I said the rule was brought in. 

If you pay attention to any seller forums anywhere, you would have seen all the threads talking about no longer being able to send letters overseas, and plenty of them are from the start of all this. The returning packages are new....ish. That's been happening for about 4 months. 

Message 11 of 11
Latest reply