Sendle - Feedback Please

jvdv11
Community Member

I see eBay is promoting Sendle with a new banner ad - they apparently pickup from your home, delivery times seem okay and their prices are better than Aust Post. 

Before using them I'd appreciate any feedback from those who have used them.

Thanks

Message 1 of 40
Latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Re: Sendle - Feedback Please

mebuy66
Community Member

If I could give zero stars I would.

They constantly fail to rectify their poor service.

avoid like the plaque.

You can not speak to anyone in person or on the phone.
I assume they get there work sub contracted of other delivery businesses because they must be cheap.
They automatically class your delivery as authority to leave at delivery destinations from sub contracted deliveries from sellers of Ebay.
You as the buyer have no control and your items you have ordered and have  paid for, get left at an unattended address against your request and repeated attempts to have this redelivered or held for you to collect. They do not care, we are just a quick cheap dollar to be made with zero responsibilities and zero ramifications for their non action.

Other experiences of failed deliveries constantly showing up to the wrong address time after time and 100 meters away from the delivery address and being told by the other businesses of where to go to deliver, the courier/s label the parcel undeliverable.

After 2months waiting for delivery and endless correspondence with Sendle online. I gave up and contacted the seller on Ebay. They tried contacting Sendle without any success of delivery. They apoligised and organised another delivery via Auspost. It only took a week for delivery by a friendly professional courier. I kept getting occasional updates of the delivery from Sendle being sent back to the seller. It took  7 -8 months for the item to be sent back and recieved by the seller.

Be warned

Message 31 of 40
Latest reply

@mebuy66 wrote:

I assume they get there work sub contracted of other delivery businesses because they must be cheap.

As has been explained before in this thread, Sendle are a courier BROKER so all their jobs are passed on to actual courier companies - and yes, they use the cheapest courier company they can, usually Aramex/Fastway or Couriers Please.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 32 of 40
Latest reply

I will be honest, I have mainly had good experiences with Sendle, but that might be due to the fact I have two great drivers in my suburb that are mainly used Aramex and Couriers Please. 

But, like you, I started to limit my use of them because of their propensity to override 'do not leave unattended' or 'Signature on delivery'. Admittedly Australia Post are starting to do this too, but they do have better resolution processes if things do go wrong. Sendle do have a use but the disregarding delivery instructions was too much hassle. 

Message 33 of 40
Latest reply

Around here Oz post are the worst for ignoring delivery instructions.  Couriers and aramex are perfect they read and obey.

I have had many packages more expensive items left on the front doorstep, even though it clearly says on the package do not leave, whereas I have had items worth a couple of dollars with no instructions returned to the post office.  Don't bother complaining to Oz post, although you can get a human,  they do nothing because they are scared of the delivery drivers, because they pay them peanuts.

Message 34 of 40
Latest reply

The delivery drivers are contract - why are they scared of them. ??

Message 35 of 40
Latest reply

Yes they are contract,  what would you do if your contract was for peanuts and AP started giving you grieve over not following instructions.   AP relies on them,  head office wont do anything against them unless it is a major breach.   

Message 36 of 40
Latest reply

They agree to the contract - mine told me not so long ago it was $1.59 a parcel - no matter the size.

And - she/they follow instructions very well.

Still does not explain why AP are ' scared ' of them.

PS. I wouldn't sign a contract for peanuts.  lol

Message 37 of 40
Latest reply

I guess you havent seen the contract,  and don't assume that what yours may or may not be getting (telling you) is standard.

Based on your $ 1.59 (lol) a parcel, work out how many they need to deliver in 1 hour just to pay for costs, then a bit of money to live on.

Message 38 of 40
Latest reply

Yes, I do know in more rural areas the instructions are often ignored by AP as they are contract delivered. I have also had major issues with AP contractors in the past which were documented on these boards. I won't go in to detail again, but basically $10,000 worth of stock was 'stolen' by what I assume was a contractor. AP refused to look at it for a while, putting it down under their 'acceptable loss rate' until I went through the stats with them. 

When I contacted the Ombudsman, they indicated that they had spoken with many sellers who had expressed their concerns with AP Contractors. This was during the covid stuff though, so maybe things have normalised a bit. Just shows that it happens with every freight service and AP is not immune to it as some like to believe. 

Message 39 of 40
Latest reply

I don't see why it is hard to understand? AP have a massive amount of parcels to deliver, which especially during the past couple of years is hard to predict volume. They rely on contractors because this is more flexible for them in order to maximise profits and not have to hire their own drivers and pay redundancies, training, vehicles etc. So they do overlook issues at times. It certainly happened to me. 

Without contractors, AP would be in a world of trouble. 

Message 40 of 40
Latest reply