Sendle unlimited weight 500g satchel

Hi everyone,

I was hoping someone could give me some insight. 

I have the Sendle 500g biodegradable satchels. Apparently (according to Sendle), you can send unlimited weight as long as it fits in these satchels.

When trying to select this option when printing my postage label through eBay this morning, it kept trying to charge me on weight, not the flat rate price?

Is there an option for this on eBay? or do I have to print the postage label direct from Sendle?

Also, I did not buy my Sendle satchels direct from Sendle, I purchased them from another seller? not sure if this affects this?

Any help would be great and much appreciated 🙂

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Just ignore the negative comments they throw about on these boards. It seems that attacking something which is not fully understood is common practice around here.

Shipping is definitely cheaper directly through the Sendle website than it is through eBay. The eBay system is unable to recognise unlimited weight satchels, and simply won't operate correctly for Premium or Pro account holders. The eBay system caters for Standard account holders only.

So, just log into your Dashboard and save a custom parcel as a satchel weighing 0.5kg and measuring 1×1×1cm

Click on the Integrations link to find the item you wish to send, and select your saved custom parcel. It will then display the shipping charge on the right side of the page. Click on the orange create order button just below the price to purchase a label (billed each Monday, or when your account limit is reached - whichever occurs first)

I've found doing it this way is always at least $10-$15 cheaper per item than using eBay labels.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

You will regret using Sendle, throw them in the bin and use Australia Post.

Message 2 of 24
Latest reply

Just ignore the negative comments they throw about on these boards. It seems that attacking something which is not fully understood is common practice around here.

Shipping is definitely cheaper directly through the Sendle website than it is through eBay. The eBay system is unable to recognise unlimited weight satchels, and simply won't operate correctly for Premium or Pro account holders. The eBay system caters for Standard account holders only.

So, just log into your Dashboard and save a custom parcel as a satchel weighing 0.5kg and measuring 1×1×1cm

Click on the Integrations link to find the item you wish to send, and select your saved custom parcel. It will then display the shipping charge on the right side of the page. Click on the orange create order button just below the price to purchase a label (billed each Monday, or when your account limit is reached - whichever occurs first)

I've found doing it this way is always at least $10-$15 cheaper per item than using eBay labels.

Message 3 of 24
Latest reply

@lezned-toycollector wrote:

If the negative comments you are referring to are the ones criticizing Sendle as courier broker, then I'll add my experiences to them.

Sendle use the cheapest courier possible, usually Aramex or Couriers Please, with the associated problems in delivery.  Their tracking is almost non-existant, as is their Customer Service.

I will always avoid sellers using them and shudder if I find out after the sale that they have used them without telling me.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 24
Latest reply

You are joking, right? It's quite clearly your right to opt for Australia Post, but any seller who doesn't offer their buyers the delivery service of their choice has rocks in their head... and to avoid a seller because they offer said choice is utterly ridiculous.

I totally disagree with your untrue statements regarding the delivery service offered by Sendle, as my experience (and that of my buyers) is completely the opposite of what you describe. If that's what you've experienced on occasion, it doesn't mean that's the standard of their service... it just means you've had an isolated experience.

I've found that 100% of the time, Aramex is always a million times better than AP in every possible way... superior pricing, superior service, superior integration, superior tracking, superior extra cover, superior customer service, superior reliability etc., etc.. Just take a look at my feedback comments and see the proof for yourself.

I could go into great detail and bore you with the facts and figures, but I couldn't be bothered, and there really is no point.

Message 5 of 24
Latest reply

I totally disagree with your untrue statements regarding the delivery service offered by Sendle, as my experience (and that of my buyers) is completely the opposite of what you describe. If that's what you've experienced on occasion, it doesn't mean that's the standard of their service... it just means you've had an isolated experience.

I'm glad that your experiences with Sendle have been good, but every time I've dealt with Sendle it's been a poor experience.  That was happening when I lived in Perth and it continues now where I live - in the southwest of WA - and I'm not alone in those views as is evidenced by reports from other buyers and sellers on the boards.

Message 6 of 24
Latest reply

Well as long as Australia Post's service earns me negs, and the Aramex service earns me glowing positive comments, it's pretty obvious which service is better - and it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to work out that it definitely isn't Australia Post

Message 7 of 24
Latest reply

Our experience Sendle never again , I think as we are Rural WA Sendle wasn’t for us - we use Australia Post and Toll Priority air freight services - haven’t looked back  

Message 8 of 24
Latest reply

Well as long as Australia Post's service earns me negs, and the Aramex service earns me glowing positive comments, it's pretty obvious which service is better - and it doesn't take a rocket surgeon rocket scientist/brain surgeon to work out that it definitely isn't Australia Post

If it works for you that's fine, but it does not work for me so I avoid sellers (not just on eBay) who do use them, as do other people I know who have their own businesses.

If you equate 1 neg for a lost parcel by AP to show that Sendle is the better company all round then I hope Sendle doesn't lose one as well for you - as they did with me. To be honest I would be more worried about what that neg says about your possible attitude toward your customer - which in part came across in your replies to me on this thread.

Message 9 of 24
Latest reply

I bet the rocket scientist and the brain surgeon don’t use Sendle either hahahahahaha

Message 10 of 24
Latest reply