Ship it to where????

I haven't started a thread in the eBay forums for about 14 or 15 years... so here goes nothing!

As a regular seller of 21+ years, I have never encountered a situation such as this... so I'm seeking opinions from others

I sold an item almost 2 days ago. Please bear in mind that I have 1 business day handling. The buyer selected and paid for Sendle, but they have a PO Box as their delivery address.

Within about 30 seconds of payment, I sent a message asking for their delivery address. For whatever reason, said message was ignored.

12 hours later, I sent another message explaining that they had chosen and paid for Sendle, and said service requires a street address (as stated in the listing). For whatever reason they ignored my message again.

This evening, I have sent a third message requesting their delivery address, and copied the text to their mobile phone number. Yet I am still to receive a response.

I think it's utter garbage that my shipping times are about to take a hit because someone (for whatever reason) refuses to provide their delivery address.

What is really mind boggling is.... who on Earth pays for something and then flat out refuses to receive it??? I'm gobsmacked.

I really don't know what more I can do. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ship it to where????

Cancel the transaction.  Problem with buyers address.  If they really want it, they can buy again and provide a suitable address.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Ship it to where????

Cancel the transaction.  Problem with buyers address.  If they really want it, they can buy again and provide a suitable address.

Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

Ship it to where????

You know, that's probably just what I needed to hear. Sometimes the obvious answer is right there in front of your eyes, yet you can't see the forest for the trees... and I really can't fault that logic.

Thankyou 

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

Ship it to where????

Perhaps modify your listings to exclude PO Boxes and remove Australia Post from your postage options if you don't use it. The few listings I looked at had AP as an option in the description and postage options

I have a PO Box and there is nothing to indicate I couldn't buy from you - my delivery address is my PO Box

Domestic 

• Australia Post regular letter (default)
  • Australia Post express
  • Sendle
  • Local pickup
  • Any other service of your choice

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

Ship it to where????

Now we have access to buyer's phone number I've been solving such problems by a quick phone call. One (for another ebay account) resulted in taking an order for a handmade item.

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

Ship it to where????

Wow, that's some pretty ordinary advice. Why would I remove Australia Post as a delivery option? It's there for anybody who wants to use a PO Box,  Parcel Locker or Parcel Collect address. Why do you suggest I should exclude these buyers from purchasing from me? That really doesn't make any sense at all.

Just to further clarify, the problem I was facing was that the buyer selected and paid for Sendle, but refused to provide a delivery address.

Personally, I couldn't give a hoot who delivers their parcel. They're paying for the service, and the carrier is entirely their choice. They could get it delivered by a 6 foot tall bald hermaphrodite riding a three legged camel for all I care, as long as they pay for it. The point is... if they wanted to use a PO Box address, then they could/should have selected Australia Post delivery, and paid for the service - as stipulated in the listing.

Selecting and paying for the cheapest shipping option which is unsuitable for them, and then expecting a free upgrade to a more costly option is just downright rude... and it's not going to happen. If they want the dearer option, they can pay for it - simples.

Since the buyer ignored all messages (both email and SMS) and caused the sale to exceed my advertised handling time, I decided it just wasn't worth the hassle and cancelled the transaction as previously advised.

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

Ship it to where????

Oh, and of course you could buy from me. Especially for the listing you have copied and pasted my shipping terms. Although it's not in any way relevant to this thread, as you can clearly see, that particular listing provides shipping via Australia Post regular letter.

It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to understand that Australia Post letters can be delivered to a PO Box 😀 

Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

Ship it to where????

............."rocket surgeon"...............

true.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

Ship it to where????

Yep... Sumner Heights High... great show that, hey.

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

Ship it to where????

@lezned-toycollector wrote:

Yep... Sumner Heights High... great show that, hey.

Dunno, I never watched it. But cleaning my coffee-splattered keyboard is strangely therapeutic........

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 10 of 20
Latest reply