Shipping address is a Post Shop

I’ve just sold an item and the winning bidder has just listed their name and a post shop as the ship to address. No PO Box. Is this normal or is something odd? Thanks 

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Shipping address is a Post Shop

No it’s in the West of Sydney. I checked the address and the buyer said that they can’t get packages at work but they can swing bye the Post Office to pick up. Could be a tradie I suppose.

Message 11 of 21
Latest reply

I would phone the shop tomorrow to clarify.

Message 12 of 21
Latest reply

Another thing I just noticed. I had clicked on print shipping label thinking it would be a generic label but it is apparently Sendle. Now I’m shipping via Auspost signed for and noticed that Sendle doesn’t charge unless the label is used so no problem there.

The problem is I noticed that the Buyer id/ buyer name is different from the shipping name.  This sounds odd too me. Am I better off contacting eBay. Cancelling the sale and offering a second chance offer? 

Message 13 of 21
Latest reply

Ship to the delivery address provided at checkout. I regularly buy items for other people, so the delivery details are quite different to the buyer details. Changing the delivery address at checkout is a feature offered by eBay, which is used by a rather large number of buyers.

Message 14 of 21
Latest reply

Item could be a gift for someone, hence the different names?

As long as you send tracked, within your handling time, you SHOULD be ok.

Having said that, was the item expensive?

Message 15 of 21
Latest reply

about $300. So I’m not sure. It’s an older Apple Watch. 

Message 16 of 21
Latest reply

What is the buyers feedback left for sellers like? Any issues?

Message 17 of 21
Latest reply

54 and only 1 negative feedback. I just find the shipping situation odd. If they had listed a parcel collect or PO Box address I would not have given It a second thought.  Or if it was a small country town.

Message 18 of 21
Latest reply

I think @Padi in comment 3 has a good point. Also, whilst not technically needing a signature, you could send it with that requirement as mentioned. If it was me I would be calling the shop as I would want my curiosity satisfied and/or to learn something new that I didn't know before.

However, if you're having second thoughts, just cancel with the reason "problem with buyers address", so you don't get a defect. 

Message 19 of 21
Latest reply

Until recently, I lived on a farm that the posties mostly couldn't be bothered delivering to, so the ladies at the Lilydale Post Shop suggested I use their address as my delivery address. It worked perfectly. I didn't have to pay any PO Box fees and they would just put all my stuff in a pile. It also solves the problem of couriers not delivering to PO Boxes.

Message 20 of 21
Latest reply