Shipping address is a Post Shop

I’ve just sold an item and the winning bidder has just listed their name and a post shop as the ship to address. No PO Box. Is this normal or is something odd? Thanks 

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

It does not sound right to me. I think some time ago a seller mentioned that a buyer had indicated a shopping centre as their address, and obviously it was a scam.

Message 2 of 21
Latest reply

My local PO has run out of PO boxes and mail is delivered to the PO for pickup until the boxes become available again.

That could be what is happening to your buyer. To be on the safe side send the item with SOD to be safe.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 21
Latest reply

You could call the post shop and ask.

I did have one buyer who listed a post shop on her order last year. I sent it as addressed, but then the buyer contacted me to ask where it was. I told her that I used the address she gave and she didn't realise she needed an actual PO box number allocated to her specifically! She was able to retrieve it though.

Message 5 of 21
Latest reply

I've had this happen before, I checked with the buyer and they actually worked at the post shop, and this is why the address was for the shop itself (same as a lot of people have items sent to their work address).

I think you should be covered so long as you send to the address specified, but if you're concerned, maybe ask the buyer about it?

Message 6 of 21
Latest reply

I’ve got one of those and you get a parcel collect unique number. It’s in the format of.

Parcel collect Xxxxxxxxx

Message 7 of 21
Latest reply

I have one of my saved addresses as a LPO. I don't use it often, but on occasion I have no option.

As an example, couriers won't deliver to a PO Box, or a Parcel Collect address - but they have no issue with delivering to the street address for the Post Office staff to sign for the goods.

Message 8 of 21
Latest reply

By sheer coincidence, an order just placed on another site has the main address as:

"Buyer Name"

LOCAL POST OFFICE
X  XXXX ROAD
XXXXXXXX NSW XXX
Australia

I'll just send it as addressed - probably the buyer works there.

Message 9 of 21
Latest reply

Is it in a rural area?  Sometimes these areas don't have Post Office Boxes & just hold the mail for the locals.

If not sure, why don't you send a quick email to your buyer just confirming that the address is as stated.

Message 10 of 21
Latest reply