Should I Or Should I Not?

On another ID I had a lot of Australian Picture and People magazines which I listed and sold everyone about 300 of them. They were used and were being sold for a very low price.. Now that was well over 1 month ago and yesterday morning I gets a message from eBay stating that they had removed the listing because something to do with Adult Material. I Laughed when I got the message because none were listed as they were all sold. I rang eBay and was told someone had reported them. They would not tell me who but I can have a good guess a competitor, they were peed off at my very low price. I have searched eBay Australia and am seeing hundreds listed. I am debating as to report them all. I know someone reported mine and if I report all that are listed then i am 99% certain The person who reported mine will be hit also along with some very innocent sellers. I am thinking about it very seriously. Yes the magazines all sold but I have more to come about another 500 or 600.. Should I or Shoult I not

Thank You

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

I would NOT sell any magazines that contained ร„dult content"that could be deemed offensive.  Not knowing what mags you sold that could fall under that category. I would just play it safe.

Also I would go back to ebay and ask them for the title of the mag they are referring to - you have a right to know as it is your reputation they are accusing.

Tell them you don't want to know who the person is who reported the mag simply WHICH magazine it was?? If only not to make yourself open to the same problem.  ebay will know as the person who reported it would have had to supply the relevant info.

Some sellers are just low when trying to destroy another.... I hope it all works well for youโ™ฅ

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

I know the title of ever magazine as they were listed AND SOLD Yes some contained nudity but the pictures I listed did not so there was nothing offensive in the listings. What I am wanting to know should I or Should I not report every other seller selling the same magazines that are still listed? I was going to list a new batch of about 50 this weekend now I dont know..

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

I would not report other sellers as you know what it is like to be reported.

ebay rules sometimes do not seem fair but do not resort to the other persons tactics.

Did you mention in your listing that some of the mags contain nudity?  If not this could be why the person reported it?

I would not sell any mags that contain nudity or offensive material as it is against ebay rules.

However if you are personally offended by a listing you can ask ebay is it appropriate for this type of material to be for sale on ebay? Then let ebay decide whether or not the listing fits into their category of nudity or offensive material.

Send them (ebay) a message via the normal - contact ebay not by report this listing, simply quote the listing number and that way ebay can do their job.

There are hundreds of listings that may seem offensive to some and not to others, but it is ebay who decides which are and which are not.

I hope this helps.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

So you were asked to remove the 'sold' listing, AFTER it was sold? That's interesting. Not sure if I would report all similar listings just to get back at one seller ....... If you were successful at selling your stock and followed the terms of listing just keep going with the rest of your mags. However as another has suggested here, check which title eBay wanted 'removed after the sale' and beware of any similar. I guess it's really up to you what you do next. But keep in mind that many eBay members read these forums, some of whom are possibly selling similar items.
Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

A few years ago I had an รฏtem removed"after selling it a month earlier.  I received my FVF back... go figure!

ebay is not black or white just very very grey!!

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I think it is a bit off to report all sellers of the same magaine just because you "think" one of them reported you.

How do you know it was not reported by one of your buyers?

Oh, and did you know that it is an offence to maliciously report listings?   You could find yourself penalised or even suspended if you go ahead and report all the sellers of the same items....it will be very obvious what you are doing.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

@beautysecretfashion wrote:

A few years ago I had an รฏtem removed"after selling it a month earlier.  I received my FVF back... go figure!

ebay is not black or white just very very grey!!

Thats not going to happen.. This is part of the message..

After reviewing your eBay account, it looks like you havenโ€™t followed our Adult Material policy. We understand you may not have been aware of this policy or that this may have been an oversight, so we're including some policy information to help you with your future listings. We also had to take the following actions:
- Listings that didn't follow eBay guidelines have been removed. A list of removed items is available further down in this email.
- We have credited all associated fees except for the final value fee for your listing(s).

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

If one person can be reported for selling a magazine then others should have the same affect. I was reported by a competitor. Because the buyers who bought them are emailing me asking for other magazines outside eBay. Magazines like People, Picture and Post Dating to the 1980's what would be so offensive with them. This is 2015

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

you dont know it was a seller... so don't go reporting other sellers willy-nilly.

It could have been a very religious ebayer, who happened to stumble upon one of your listings, and didnt like what they saw!

If you use the same listing title again, (same as the one ebay has *removed*), then it might *flag* and you may have trouble listing it, so you will need to change your wording.

While i dont see anything wrong with these magazines, others do.... so .... seller beware ๐Ÿ™‚

Just list your mags this weekend, and see how it goes. Let your regular buyers now that you have new listings (for a quick sale)  ๐Ÿ™‚

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 10 of 12
Latest reply