Sick of buyers having the advantage!! :(

I know this is a common complaint, but I really am sick of buyers having the advantage over us sellers on ebay!  As a seller, I am paying a commission to ebay, paying paypal fees and on top of that, I have buyers who play games, because they know they have the upperhand when it comes to feedback!  In this instance, I have one buyer who has purchased a few of my items - 7 days ago - and they said they wanted to keep bidding on my other items - which were listed at a later date.  I told them that was fine, however, I would prefer them to pay for their items (without postage) and if they won the other items, I would combine postage for them later on.  I was doing this, as how do i know if they are even going to pay for the items in the end... and said they would, but never did and obviusly have just done what they wanted to from the beginning and are now waiting for my other items to finish?  They haven't even bid on them yet?  I feel like they are doing it as they know my hands are tied?  Over it!!!!!

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Sick of buyers having the advantage!! :(

I understand where you're coming from to a degree, but aside from the issue I mentioned previously, separate payments technically require separate parcels, so asking a buyer to pay for some items before they've finished buying somehwat defeats the purpose of combined postage and reductions.

That's in an official capacity, of course, and generally for PayPal and protection purposes - you can still send everything in one parcel, but you should be aware that

Two payments (via PayPal) will require two separate documents / tracking numbers to prove postage

Two payments for one parcel (i.e. the buyer pays item price, then pays postage in a separate payment along with other items), technically voids both buyer and seller protection.

You certainly have the right to stipulate your own terms, but in some ways those ones can make transactions more complicated than they need to be, as well as carry unwanted implications.

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

I really cannot see what is your problem; eBay gives 4 days before you can open non payment case, and people who want to buy more from you within that time do not really even have to bother to let you know they plan to bid on more items.  I do let sellers know, but I always bid on everything in the last moment.  Or sometimes if the item I also wanted reaches higher than I was was prepared to bid, I do not bid at all.

There is absolutely nothing the bidder did wrong, unless it is now long past a week or so and the item they were going to bid on (do you know what it was?) ended.  In which case I would just send them reminder.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

It is definitely been more than a week since their last purchase.

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

digital*ghost - thanks for pointing that out!  I didnt think about the consequences of two invoices and buyer protection etc.  I'll definitely take that on board. 🙂

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply