Siffari 9ct ring 940

pnc75
Community Member

Hi folks, back again with another question (hopefully the last) about the estate jewellery.

It's a ring - marked Siffari 9 ct and also has 940.

I don't know the history of it, but it may well have been a wedding band. 

I have researched & found that Siffari seems to be a maker of quality jewellery. And I suspect that the 940 might refer to the component of the silver on the outside. Apologies if I'm sounding dim, but as you know, I have no expertise in these areas 😞

It weighs about 4g and is approx 0.6 cm wide. Diameter is 2 cm.

Also wondering if any of you could suggest a listing price, and how to describe the silver pattern on the outside.

I'm also a little concerned about listing on it on ebay, given that it's someone else's & the risks involved.

As always, thank you in advance for any advice you can offer. It's greatly appreciated.

IMG_3500.jpegIMG_3502.jpegIMG_3503.jpeg

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Siffari 9ct ring 940

have a look at top row, 5th one along

Siffari

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Siffari 9ct ring 940

I can't see the photos all that well but 940 is usually used with silver items and means it is 94% pure silver. This is unlikely to be the percentage for gold as 9k is significantly lower than that. If there is any silver on the ring, then it's possibly the purity mark for the silver part.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Siffari 9ct ring 940

Once again thanks for your time & help, twyn.  From your 3rd link:

It's saying that the 66 is the pattern number. Now I'm wondering if the 940 is the pattern number, or the silver composition number. So much to learn......

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Siffari 9ct ring 940

Yes, it's similar, but a different pattern. I had found that page and had a good look through them, but it didn't really take me any where (or I don't know how to use it! 😃)

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Siffari 9ct ring 940

Thanks, cam, and many thanks for your time. I'm assuming the 9 ct is for the gold and that the 940 is for the silver? 

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Siffari 9ct ring 940

That's how I would interpret it.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply