Simplified Seller Performance Standards

without even a whimper from eBay the Simplified Seller Performance Standards are due to commence today.

eBay did remind us with an announcement in Jan http://www2.ebay.com/aw/au/201601.shtml#2016-01-25105534 and

http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/news/seller-standards

I would have thought that eBay would have made a grand announcement about the start of these standards to try and make sellers feel better about selling on eBay.

Anyway . . . . . . . hooray for getting rid of some terrible methods of assessing seller performance.

seller standards.JPG

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Simplified Seller Performance Standards

@dave4110 wrote:

I do have to wonder since neutral and neg feedbacks don't count as defects anymore... Would sellers be less inclined to bow to buyer demands in a dispute, since they won't care as much from the threat of getting a defect due to bad feedback or low DSR?

This seller has never bowed to buyer's demands because of the possibility of a neg or a defect.

If I am in the wrong I rectify it, if I am right then I will defend it and hang the consequences..

See what a trendsetter I am?

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

go-tazz
Community Member

But then they have this garbage as well:

Late shipment rate is a new, more objective measure of performance based on what you control: sending your item on time. 

That's a complete fhurphy as that means anyone sending by letter rate has a higher chance of

getting,"demoted" by something that they can't control,(the amount of time AP takes to deliver an item).

We encourage you to use tracking, because this helps us to recognise if your item was either sent within the stated handling time or delivered by the estimated delivery date.

Which costs more and os cost prohibitive if sending by letter rate.

If there's no integrated tracking*, we'll check with your buyer. If your buyer confirms the item was delivered on time, you'll be recognised for sending the item on time.

This will become the new way for buyers to scam sellers,(eg: partly refund/refund,give me more,etc or

I'll tell eBay the item came after the due date).
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

I do have to wonder since neutral and neg feedbacks don't count as defects anymore... Would sellers be less inclined to bow to buyer demands in a dispute, since they won't care as much from the threat of getting a defect due to bad feedback or low DSR?

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

So sending a damaged stained not fit for purpose item is fine as long as you fix it up IF they complain. If you advise buyer its not up to scratch and either cancel or offering part refund is a heinous crime>>Result dont check stock before sending and if you can't find it claim lost in post, or send something/anything and fix it up later.

To avoid a late shipping defect do not post ASAP, extend your handling time and hold off until next time you get to PO. Its not about quick post anymore its about covering your butt.

Since when has being out of stock ment you are a worse seller than sending junk, or being blatently rude to buyers.

Since when it is so heineious to not be able to prove you sent it on time, regardless of whether you did or not. That is not 'evidence based" as Ebay claim, it is lack of evidence based.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

it was advertised, sir, and the seller dashboard has been showing it for months as a hypothetical.

Hardly under the table.

Unless, of course, sellers don't read announcements and never look at their dashboard. In which case no amount of fanfare would alert the uncaring.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

it was advertised, sir, and the seller dashboard has been showing it for months as a hypothetical.

Hardly under the table.

Unless, of course, sellers don't read announcements and never look at their dashboard. In which case no amount of fanfare would alert the uncaring.

I know it was advertised, with follow-ups, but nothing today! 

I wasn't inferring that they had hidden the start, just that these things are normally accompanied with an announcement on the day.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Maybe they are working on US time and the grand Announcement will be tomorrow?

Spoiler
The capital A was intentional. I just discovered a new word that the system doesn't like ME typing. Duh
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

@dave4110 wrote:

This seller has never bowed to buyer's demands because of the possibility of a neg or a defect.

If I am in the wrong I rectify it, if I am right then I will defend it and hang the consequences..

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply