So if I sell something to someone who then asks to cancel the sale for some reason that is no fault

So if I sell something to someone who then asks to cancel the sale for some reason that is no fault of mine, and I agree to the cancellation AND instigate the cancellation.....will that be a default after 20th August?

I find that buyers don`t seem to know how to start the process of cancellation, so they ask me to do it.

I read the new `default` list and don`t know where I stand as a seller if I do this in future.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

So if I sell something to someone who then asks to cancel the sale for some reason that is no fault

Unfortunately, so far it seems there is no categorical answer. I can only say that I have done the following without incurring any defects (yet).

Fully refunded purchases (did not cancel transactions)

Partially refunded purchases (as above, did not cancel transactions)

Cancelled transactions, choosing either 'buyer changed mind...' or 'other' as the reason

But there are other sellers who have incurred defects for taking the same actions, so it's difficult to say for sure when/how they will happen. 

Buyers actually can't initiate a transaction cancellation, though, they can only ask for the seller to send the request.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Well I`ve learnt something there..I thought that purchasers could instigate a cancellation, but I contacted eBay and they tell me NO, I must start the process.

eBay also said that if it was not of my doing (ie it would be my fault if I ran out of stock or sold a `sold` item to someone else etc)

eBay also told me that any `defect` prior to May1st 2014 would not be counted on my post August 2014 defect count.

So I learnt something there, too

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply