Recent update issues with Turbo Lister

Hi Turbo Lister Users,

In order to resolve issues with TurboLister product updates, we strongly encourage you to upgrade (Tools - Check for Program Updates) to TurboLister version “9.912.102.0” or higher (You can check this by clicking on the Help link next to Tools (not the Help button) at the top of the program and selecting the About Turbo Lister option from the dropdown menu).

If for some reason you are unable to upgrade to the above version or higher by August 15, 2014 or have issues with upgrades, please follow the steps below:

Uninstall the program:

1. From your Desktop, click "Start," and then select "Control Panel." (Charms Bar in Win 8, 8.1)

2. In the Control Panel, click "Programs and Features".

3. To uninstall a program, select it from the list and click the "Uninstall/Change" button.

4. Click "Continue." The "Turbo Lister 2 - InstallShield Wizard" window displays. Follow the directions to remove the program.

-- Important --

When prompted to remove your user database files, click "No" if you want to save your listing information. If you click "Yes," you'll need to re-enter your account information and you'll lose your listing database.

Now that you've removed Turbo Lister 2 software from your computer, you can reinstall it.  Please be aware of what eBay site version you run (US, UK, CA, etc).  To install the eBay.com,au Turbo Lister, please access the Download link here:

http://pages.ebay.ca/sellerinformation/sellingresources/turbolister.html

If you are not running the eBay.com.au, please access the eBay site you list on and scroll to the bottom of the page to select Site Map.  You should then see a Turbo Lister option to download the site you wish to use.

To reinstall Turbo Lister 2:

1. Click the "Download Now" button.

2. A pop-up box appears. Choose "Save" (or in some browsers, "Save to Disk") to save the program to your desktop.

3. Go to the desktop, right-click the "SetupAU.exe" file, and choose "Run as Administrator" to reinstall Turbo Lister.

4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.

5. Run the Turbo Lister program updates by clicking "Tools > check for program updates." Select any updates that are found.

Thank you for your patience in this matter and we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

Regards,

Draex

eBay Turbo Lister Support

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

I hate upgrading TL. It seems very buggy and unstable for the most part. The help for TL on these boards is pretty much non existent (well apart from install/uninstall) and I refuse to loose 1500 saved listings.

i'm running 9.908.101.2 and it's working fine.

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

If you're going to post a link you need to make certain it's the correct one,(your link doesn't load the

AU Turbo Lister).

I downloaded it and of course it wouldn't accept my files,(so I had to uninstall it and get the correct TL),stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

This is the correct link for the AU TL:  http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/turbo-lister

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

LOL typical!
Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Hi,  I can't get Turbo Lister to open.  Turbo Lister used to work OK, then about 1 month ago every time I tried to do something, it would fail and close the program on me.  I updated it and still no joy, and gave up on it then as didn't have time. 

Today I had time, so uninstalled, and reinstalled (first accidentally installed the US version, so uninstalled again, and reinstalled the AU version).  But now when I click on the Turbo Lister icon, a small screen flashes up for 1 second, that I think says "Setup for Turbo Lister for first use" but it flashes away quickly and then nothing - the program won't open at all.  I tried uninstalling again and reinstalling again, but still the same thing.

What do I do?

Thanks.

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

I'm using 9.912.102.0, and it works fine.

I check for, and install if they are there, updates daily, and I rarely have any issues.

As you doubtless regularly back TL up, you would of course be in no danger of losing your listings.

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Its no good having listings backed up when you can't use them. As above I also updated and something happened, program wouldn't open couldn't import listings back into new version. Had to import listing from ebay and lost about half of what I had.
Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Dunno, then.

Mine works fine. The only time I had to delete and reinstall, I did that, did a full system update (or whatever it's called), restored from backup and away I went.

Must just be lucky, I guess.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Phew just did an update however it doesn't update to 9.912.102.0” it didn't update to any higher than I had. Reluctant to uninstall going into the weekend yikes.
Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Strange. I think i was given the update option for the new version on Monday. Somewhere around there. 

it was part of my regular update notifications.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply