So is re-listing free or not?

Looking to give a little feedback to eBay and to maybe get some feedback to.

Before you read any further answer this question: Are you eligable for free relistings on unsold auctions?

According to my info the answer is yes.

So enough with the bandying of words, lets get down to details.

150 free listing last weekend. I used nearly all of them, I do not belive (cannot confirm) that I had any of the free monthy 40 listings left.

Those auctions ended about 4 hours ago.

I went to relist, using Turbo Lister, the auction that had not sold. Turbo Lister is a little funny, as when it calculates fees it does not take into account free listings or free relistings. So I upload my relisted items. Note: I synced TL went to the "eligable for free relisting" tab and selected all that had ended withing the last hour or so.

When uploaded it showed I was charge insertion fees for every item, $150+, not happy.

When I contacted CS they refunded my insertion fees after I ended the relisted auctions. Saying that free relisting comes out of my 40 frees/month and I had none left.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem, with or without Turbo Lister. As I sell low value item with insertion fees and final value+postage fees I can take quite a big hit so being able to list something for 4 weeks instead of 1 is very important.

Find below a copy of my chat with CS. The lady was very polite and though she seemed to just be pulling the compay line, got me my cash back basically 😛

Spoiler
Rachel Ann W. 11:06:22 
Hello, welcome to eBay Australia Live Chat! My name is Rachel. May I have your full name please? 

getoutofmyhead 11:06:42 
Hi 

getoutofmyhead 11:06:53 
I have a small problem with some unexpected fees 

getoutofmyhead 11:07:09 
Last week I had 150 free listings 

Rachel Ann W. 11:07:20 
Sorry to hear that. 

Rachel Ann W. 11:07:25 
Yes go ahead. 

getoutofmyhead 11:07:26 
I used them, those items ended about 1 hour ago 

getoutofmyhead 11:08:04 
I used turbo lister to relist them under the option of free relistings 

getoutofmyhead 11:08:48 
as it does not take into account free relistings and free listing when uploading i ignored the fee calculation and went ahead relisting the items that had not sold 

getoutofmyhead 11:09:21 
at the end of it i had a significant fee hike 

getoutofmyhead 11:09:32 
i checked my account details and i have been charged the fees 

getoutofmyhead 11:10:21 
Kinda unaware that the free listings had a catch that they were unlike a paid listing and were not uneligible for the 3 free relistings 

Rachel Ann W. 11:10:21 
I see. I'll check it on my end and advise you about this. 

Rachel Ann W. 11:10:23 
Aside from this, is there any other concern you would like to discuss with me so I can check on it as well. 

getoutofmyhead 11:10:42 
nope thats about it 🙂 

Rachel Ann W. 11:11:57 
Alright. I have checked on your account and I see that you only have 40 free listings every month. So any listings that was listed after your 40 free listings were charged the normal eBay fees. 

getoutofmyhead 11:12:52 
Yes, but these were items that i relisted, Which is covered under the 3 extra relistings for free if not sold correct? 

Rachel Ann W. 11:14:39 
I see. You are right about being able to list the items for free 3 times but that will be free if it's withinyour 40 free listings. 

Rachel Ann W. 11:15:13 
But if you have exceeded you 40 fre listings this month, it will no longer be free. 

Rachel Ann W. 11:16:14 
Here's what you can do, you can end those listings that were charged and I can manually process a one time courtesy credit for the fees incurred for those items that were charged. 

getoutofmyhead 11:16:39 
The issues is not weither i paid for the initial listing or not. These items had already ben listed and had just ben RE-listed. Does this not mean that they are eligable for the free relistings? 

Rachel Ann W. 11:19:46 
I understandyour side and the items are subject to be relisted for free only if you still have 40 free listings left for this month. Now if you have already used up all your 40 free listings this month, you will be charged the normal eBay fees for the items that were relisted. 

getoutofmyhead 11:22:36 
Ok, I don't mean to be an ass, but maybe the words "3free relistings" should be rephrased. 

Rachel Ann W. 11:22:57 
I undestand yuor side and your opinion about this. 

getoutofmyhead 11:23:25 
Since this is probably going to go no where I'll go with the option of ending those auctions and have the refund please 

Rachel Ann W. 11:23:32 
You can actually send your feedback about this to our product management team through this page below: 

Rachel Ann W. 11:23:48 
Pushing Url: "http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/newtoebay/suggest.html 

" 

Rachel Ann W. [Push Page] "http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/newtoebay/suggest.html11:23:48 

" 

Rachel Ann W. 11:24:01 
Sure. 

Rachel Ann W. 11:24:29 
Just advise me when the listings are ended and provide the item numbers to me so that I can process the credit on my end. 

getoutofmyhead 11:25:13 
Just a question though, I've just gone to have a look at an item I just paid to list. I have no free listings as has been established. Yet i still have the option to to " Automatically relist this item up to 3 times if it doesn't sell - it's free to relist. Final value fees apply" 

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Your eligible relists, I believe, need to be marked as such sometime before the intitial listing ends. At which time they will AUTOMATICALLY relist. No action required. At least for BIN. I also am pretty sure that using TL to relist (why would you? They are sitting there in ended?) would negate the option.

To confirm how many free listings you have, whether the automatic 40 or any additional offers, try using your selling page. Which gives such information.

Feedback - you seem to not understand how the free listings or the 3 free relists work. it might pay you to investigate these matters before you go ahead and relist items. Especially the ones you THINK should be relisting anyway. I doubt eBay will credit your fees for stuffups too many times.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

I believe that if you want to use the free relists then you tick the box when you first list and they are relisted automatically. If you relist them manually then they are not free as far as I know. I rarely relist anything that doesn't sell first time round anyway, free or not.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

[quote]Feedback - you seem to not understand how the free listings or the 3 free relists work. it might pay you to investigate these matters before you go ahead and relist items. Especially the ones you THINK should be relisting anyway. I doubt eBay will credit your fees for stuffups too many times.[/quote]

I don't think you understand. Free listings aside, because it does not matter how the item was listed in the first place, the auction is there. eBay has a program that syncs with "My eBay" and lets me relist said items. Just cause I didn't go through all 80+ items 1 by 1 and edit them to automatically relist (though funnily enough thats how I had to end each auction, 1 by 1)  should not mean that a re-listing fee applies and according to the program supplied by eBay, Turbo-Lister, they don't.

I don't know if this is just for items listed with promotion listings or free listing or paid listings.

Personally I'd like to know which.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

As far as I am aware the 3 free realists are an automatic re-lists only by ticking the checkbox in your listing.
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

If you list using the online listing form, taking advantage of the free relist feature is as simple as ticking the box above the confirm button on the final page of the listing (I have found from experience that is is automatically ticked, possibly because of too many complaints from sellers who missed it and didn't get their free relists in the early days of the feature?).  You don't need to relist manually, those items will automatically relist 3 times, then go to unsold if still not purchased.

I don't use turbolister, so I can't say whether the relist feature is availalbe there, but from you say, perhaps not.  In which case, after you upload listings you will need to manually edit each one to tick the box and seitch on the feature.  Cumbersome, but worth the time I would think if it saves you $4.50 per listing.  You can tell which items do not have the free autorelist switched on, in the drop down menu to the right of the item in My Selling, for those items you will  see the option to switch it off.  If you don't see that try revising your item and tick the box.  If it doesn't gve you the option to tick the box, then those items are on their last free relist and will go to unsold at the end of that round. 

Sorry harley, I meant to rpely to the OP.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

5kazam
Community Member

Whether it be a promotion (as per last weekend - 150 free) or the normal 40, if you tick the 'automatic 3 relists' then it is okay whether it is BIN or Auction.  Once you go over your allocation, then $1.50 per item is charged.

Should you have a heap in Unsold and a promotion comes along, before you relist them for free, edit each one to include the tick.

With this last promotion, I decided to take advantage of the 3 relists, so my unsold 130 odd items will list for a total of 28 days each, and I still have some of my 40 to use if I wanted to.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply