So you can no longer relist from the classic view.

Pain in the neck.

And I agree, this new forum format is ridiculous!

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Clearly the new forum code was designed for mobile devices and shipped as-is without a single thought of anyone "still" using a PC in 2021. That said, there will always be layout issues when mobile devices have such tiny pixels compared to dektop PC monitors - my desktop LCD's pixels are about 0.5mm but phones are impossibly tiny, so you need to use a larger font size so you don't need a magnifying glass just to read 12pt text on your phone. 10pt body text is fine on my desktop, but you'd probably need 16pt text for it to be the same physical size on a phone.

PCs on the internet of the 2020s thus cop the worst of both worlds, huge font sizes due to the larger pixels on desktop monitors (never mind those who use eBay on their 60 inch TV), and pages designed for ridiculously narrow portrait-oriented screens (e.g. 768 across x 1366 down) rather than 1920x1080, never mind 4K. The one-size-fits-all web layout model means that it's either have a tiny column in the middle of your "huge" 23 inch widescreen monitor surrounded by two thirds of blank space, or dynamically resizing everything to fit the display's width, which means everything is absolutely huge and you have to scroll forever just to read three paragraphs of text.

As for relisting and revising, so far everything is still working for me in classic view - I wouldn't even know where to begin if I was forced to use the dumbed-down new format (I was briefly moved to that format back in 2018 or 2019 and I couldn't change back quick enough).

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Thanks for the article twyngwyn. 

There used to be a web link that got you back to classic view, but it no longer works, so it looks like we'll have to learn to love the "new Coke" or hope some kind of Pepsi comes along.

If eBay coders really cant replicate the classic view in new code they need to be sacked and some new ones employed who can.

To rub salt into the woulnds eBay now has a message telling you when it switches that "The new All Selling page provides the same features you know and love on the classic page."  Well, maybe someone can explain to me how to get all the information I need on one page in the new setup, as was possible with the old selling page.

I

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

If eBay's coders can't replicate the classic view, they need a new job, anyone can move things around until it looks somewhat similar, especially in this era of drag-and-drop editing (which has been around for over twenty years with FrontPage '97 etc., but anyway) - it's not like they're forced to use Notepad to code the entire site (just in case vi is too obscure).

Guess what, "The new All Selling page provides the same features you know and love on the classic page." is a lie - you can't see how many free listings you have left unless you go to the overview page. I've already complained about that one. While people on Managed Payments have unlimited free listings (for now...), people who aren't still get the paltry 40 listings and everything else is $1.65 after that - and MP's unlimited freebies are just a carrot-and-stick method to get people to use the platform; eBay will kill off the unlimited freebies in the blink of an eye once the whole world is on MP. A lot of things to "know", but nothing much to "love" on Seller Hub either, it's as slow as molasses on a 2°C night (unless you have a PC made in the last 5 years) and even causes horizontal scrolling in full HD unless you customise it to disable a bunch of useless stuff. Even this message board is more palatable than the new eBay layout, and that's saying a lot.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Over in US boards, they have having a bit of a dummy spit, think eBay is still tinkering........as they do

It is here to stay kid's so hope you can work through it

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Great. Just after I'd dealt with a lot of non-eBay rubbish for the day, and was finally going to settle down to what I thought would be some routine work - this rubbish.  I can only see 5 listings at once?!  Have swapped to the Manage active listings' page, but not sure how well this will work either.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Works fine. Just a PITA to have to constantly swap between pages. You could always open a separate tab for everything.

All Selling is definitely a misnomer, that's for sure.

What I find interesting is that I still get the old page on this and my non-store account, but not my store. I'm sure that will change in the not too distant future.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

eBay in their infinite wisdom have removed it as sellers on MP will have to use the Seller Hub, this is a way of getting sellers not yet switched over used to it apparently

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

ilce
Community Member

Solution is to have both classic and new so you can switch between the two but ebay for some reason ebay doesn't like us having that choice. Its their way or the highway. They are the modern day Soup Nazi. 

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply