Sold item yesterday, buyer is demanding immediate postage and making threats.

I sold a computer component yesterday (monday)  to someone via best offer. Today they sent a message asking when I would send the item out. I replied telling them that I'm busy with work and uni until Friday and would be able to send it then, I apologized and asked for their understanding.

Their response then said they don't understand and that I shouldn't "advertise a guaranteed delivery date" if I cannot meet that agreement because they NEED the item by Monday the 8th (they were referring to ebays automatic delivery estimate).

I again responded and told them their payment hasn't even cleared yet and clarified that i am just an individual selling my belongings through ebay, I am not a power seller or a store. I reiterated that I fully intend to ship the item when I have a day free (4 days after sale date).

Their next response they made these bizarre arbitrary claims that they are a lawyer, run 3 businesses, a property and a family man, so therefore if they have time to ship stuff on ebay, then that makes me a lazy person. They said they have sent the money to paypal but it wont get released to me until they receive the item (lol what???) They then said to cancel the transaction or they will be leaving me negative feedback.

Just wondering where I stand here and if there is anyway to avoid negative feedback (I fear they will leave me some based off their attitude so far) and I have done nothing wrong.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

You are on managed payments, so it is possible they have paid, it just hasnt being processed through Ebay yet.  What did the email from Ebay say, if it says post, you need to post.

As for not sending till Friday,  you have your handling time set to 2 days,  So post it,   if you don't have time to send things set your handling time to a week or a month,  but don't make promises you cant keep.

Sounds like you deserve some negative feedback

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

The buyer asked to cancel... yes?

Cancel as buyer requested. 

Place the buyer's ID on your Blocked Bidder List.

In a way I agree with sugar... you should ship within your handling time.

However if a buyer pulls the "I'm a lawyer card"  then you will have problems with them down the track.... don't worry about feedback until it happens & if it does come back to this thread.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

I guess you have already cancelled the sale by now?

Your item is not in the completed listings or sold items, so I guess you have cancelled.

If you are a new seller or a seller who sells sporadically and are on managed payments, yes, eBay releases the funds once the item is received (with tracking) or the buyer leaves positive feedback, not immediately...

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

@papermoon.lady wrote:

I guess you have already cancelled the sale by now?

Your item is not in the completed listings or sold items, so I guess you have cancelled.

It was there when I wrote my reply,  must have just cancelled

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

I havent cancelled it, no.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Suggest you cancel as mentioned.

You absolutely do need to ship within your handling time in order to avoid an account defect, so if you can only ship within 7 working days, then adjust your handling time to indicate this. However, buyers appreciate prompt postage, and you would be far better off finding time to go to the PO during your lunch break. It makes for good customer service, a happy buyer and fewer issues.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply