Someone bought my item to pick up locally and they want me to post it

Hi, Someone bought my item for $5 which I'd put on for local pick up only.  I've told them how much it will cost to post it to them $8 and given them my Paypal account in order to send the money, but they are saying they dont know how to use Paypal.  There has been a lot of back and forth and there seems to be a bit of a language barrier.  What should I do to resolve this?  Can I just have them agree to cancel the transaction and Paypal will send back the money? or should I wait a little longer?  Trouble is the cost of postage is more than the cost of the item, so I will end up out of pocket if I just send it.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

You say but they are saying they dont know how to use Paypal

Then you say Can I just have them agree to cancel the transaction and Paypal will send back the money

I would reply that you used paypal to pay or send them your bank details and tell them to put the money in your bank account as you will not post till you have the money for postage.

Also let them know if they will not do this then you will refund less the fees incured for ebay and paypal

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

If they haven't already paid the five bucks you should send them a revised invoice to include the postage, include your bank details, then if they do not pay after 4 days open an unpaid item dispute. If they still don't pay close it as soon as you can and relist.

If they have already paid the five bucks then give them your bank details and tell them to use bank deposit or to send a Paypal payment as they did for the $5,

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Another option is to send a payment request via paypal for the postage but add and extra $1 to cover the fees for the costs to you.

The message them and tell them to go into their pay account and all they have to do is click on pay and it is done.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

$1 is a bit steep, why not tell them to make it a personal payment as they wouldn't qualify for buyer protection on the postage cost anyway.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

$1 is a bit steep, why not tell them to make it a personal payment as they wouldn't qualify for buyer protection on the postage cost anyway.

Because the buyer is claiming they do not know how to use paypal so there is no excuse if all they need to do is sign into paypal and click on pay now.

No need to know how to use it as lots do not know how to pick pay anyone as they never use paypal for anything other than paying by clicking on the pay button.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply