Someone left me negative feedback for an item I didn't send them...

I'm pretty sure there is nothing I can do to resolve this but I figured there is no harm in asking...

I sold an item and about a month later after no contact I got negative feedback with the buyer claiming they never got the item.

It was a cheap item so it was sent untracked. I contacted the buyer regarding the feedback and resent the item via Express Post (which cost almost as much as the item itself). Once the item had arrived I contacted the buyer and asked if he was happy with the item and if he would consider revising the feedback.

I got a response saying "as soon as I receive the game cd I will remove the feedback, I have not received the game cd"... I never sold the buyer a "game cd". He has left me negative feedback for an item another seller sold him. So I've sent him an extra item via Express post and received negative feedback as the result of his mistake.

I explained the situation and he responded with "Was that not you that sold me the game cd?" I told him no and gave him instructions on how to navigate to his purchase history and see who sold him the game. I haven't heard back since.

Is there anything I can do? Does eBay have a procedure for this kind of thing?

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Unfortunate situation.

In this case I would call ebay and discuss removal of the feedback on the grounds that the buyer left negative feedback for the wrong seller.

Get them to read the messages where the buyer says this.

You might stand a chance of having it removed.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Unfortunate situation.

In this case I would call ebay and discuss removal of the feedback on the grounds that the buyer left negative feedback for the wrong seller.

Get them to read the messages where the buyer says this.

You might stand a chance of having it removed.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give it a try.
Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

I recieved a generic response describing how to request a feedback revision from the buyer. Not very helpful.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

You'd be better off phoning them or preferably getting a call-back, and ask for a supervisor if needs be.

http://ocsnext.ebay.com.au/ocs/cusr?query=1485

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Never rely on email messages when contacting eBay. They will just fob you off with a generic response and you get nowhere.

Phone them, and if you don't get the action you want try again later in the day. And if still not then request to speak with a supervisor or ask for a callback from one. You have to be persistent if you want action.
Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

While I never encourage using email, I've resolved any issues I've had using email. I've even had negs removed. I over express myself and repeat myself, which seems to work. If I get a comp gen reply I ask them to reply properly and not use an answer they pulled from a computer, which usually has nothing to do with my issue. I then get a human answer.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Apparently it doesn't violate eBays terms and conditions to leave negative feedback regarding an item you didn't even purchase from the seller.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Don't accept the first response you get from the first CS rep. Keep on calling back and even ask to speak with a supervisor.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Success! I talked to someone on the phone and they actually reviewed the eBay corrospondence between the buyer and I and agreed that it was unfair and the feedback will be removed. Thanks everyone for your suggestions!

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply