Sometimes you have a gut feeling about a sale

Sold a $1 item the other day, had a gut feeling right from the start as it was a Turkish buyer with only 3 feedback, and he only bought 1 of the item (normally these things are sold in multiples). Anyway, the purchase went through, he paid, I gave him the online code number and asked him to leave feedback. He replied saying thanks, but as he was new to eBay, he couldn`t leave feedback until 3 days after purchase. This got me a bit more suspicious, but I let it go, as he`d paid, and thought it maybe just an Ebay Turkey rule. So, this morning I received the following email from eBay, but what I don`t get, is how did this guy purchase and pay for an item if he wasn`t registered, and is my eBay account now at risk of being hacked by them ?

eBay email :-

Hello pickapresent13,

We had to cancel bids for the buyer, wow_store, because they aren't registered on eBay:
141183177126 - Pokemon B & W Legendary Treasures ONLINE Redemption Code TCG $1.00 Each

In these types of situations, we'll credit the final value fee for removed listings won by this buyer, and also the insertion fee if it was a single-quantity listing.
All associated fees have been credited.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

They must have been deregistered between the time they purchased and you received the email. Are you aware that you are not allowed to list intangible and digitally delivered items on the Australian site?

Asking for feedback is a big no no too.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

I wasn`t aware of that, as many other people sell the same item, and I have been for 6 months with no problem. They also have the option of receiving the card with the code on it via post if they want.

As for feedback, when I post items, I send everyone a message letting them know I have sent the item, estimated time of delivery, and requesting when it arrives, could they leave me feedback so I know they have received it and are happy with the transaction. I`ve been doing that since day dot, and again, never had anything from eBay saying I can`t request feedback.

Most of my listing also mention that as Feedback is our only form of gaining credibility as both a buyer and/or seller, if purchasing this item, could you please leave feedback when you receive it. Again, never had an issue with eBay for doing so

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Prohibited and Restricted Items - Overview

Digitally Delivered Goods

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

I think that you can ask for feedback, you just can't ask for specific feedback.

As for the DDGs, Neither ignorance of the policies and "everybody else is doing it" are not recognized defences on eBay or in the law.

If you are going to continue selling on eBay, may I suugest a couple of things?

1) Know the rules of the site, it's for your protection.

2) If you're going to breach policy, then don't post about it on the discussion boards and make sure that you don't ask eBay about the listing or for help with it.

You or the Buyer have no PayPal protection with a digitally delivered good

You may not have been caught yet, but one day, a competitor will dob, and then you may lose your selling priviledges.

Best of luck with the current situation, I hope that everything works out well for you.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

A zero feedback id is not allowed to leave feedback for 3 days.

It's supposed to weed out the revengeful types, who only purchase

to leave negs.   So they say.

I don't know about the other stuff, but I wasn't allowed to

leave feedback on a Zero for 3 days either

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Just checked the sale in question. The person is no longer a registered user, so obviously been banned by eBay. Shows up that I have left feedback for him, but I haven`t received feedback. Not sure how this worked, cause I`ve got the setting so that I automatically give feedback when I receive positive feedback

Guessing he left it for me this morning, then he was de-registered, so it was removed from my feedback

But he gets to keep his positive feedback even though he`s been de-registered. Again, the feedback system in favour of the buyer

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply